RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 3:07 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Re: Uniden is having an Online Party...and you are ALL invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
Uniden does not use the term "folder". That was a GRE Term. What words that begin with "F" has Uniden used in the recent past that could match up with the above?? Hmmm.....

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR
Maybe a Favorites list then?

Looking at the Tag format... It looks like up to 100 Favorites lists that can contain up to 100 Sites each.

I mean, you would have to be a beta tester to know these things for sure. ;-)

I am just thinking out loud. :-)

- W4ELL - Posted from my secret underground lair.
Old 11-04-2013, 3:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Has any one noticed o Paul has changed his Avater again I wonder what he up too I just seen this when I was checking back on the Forum, I was a miss for a while as the head boss of the house hold had duties for me, Wash the dishes, the cloths, plus I had to sweep all the floors yuk! I ready for some good News.
Old 11-04-2013, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear780ks View Post
Has any one noticed o Paul has changed his Avater again I wonder what he up too I just seen this when I was checking back on the Forum, I was a miss for a while as the head boss of the house hold had duties for me, Wash the dishes, the cloths, plus I had to sweep all the floors yuk! I ready for some good News.
"meaningless_avatar" ?

I guess he got you!
Old 11-04-2013, 4:16 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yeah, I was needing to do screen grabs for the product release video project, and wanted something a bit more neutral.
Old 11-05-2013, 8:14 AM

Default Uniden is having an Online Party...and you are ALL invited

Hmmm....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Yeah, I was needing to do screen grabs for the product release video project, and wanted something a bit more neutral.
Reading through the various post's, since we are all madly speculating, I will update my guess by sticking with six new MODELS or new scanners with six new never seen before FEATURES. The 16th is coming.....
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013, 8:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

There is no evidence of which I am aware that UNIDEN submitted that many models to FCC for certification.
Old 11-05-2013, 7:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
There is no evidence of which I am aware that UNIDEN submitted that many models to FCC for certification.
May have come from here:
RadarSpotters.eu*|*NEW Uniden Digital Scanner in 2014 - BCD536HP and BCD436HP

I'm easy with whatever happens. My only wish is that the scan speeds are faster than all current scanners. I also like the thought of having Sentinel, especially if it's cross compatible with the HP1. But, Proscan works well too (996) and if it supports these new models I will most likely continue using it. Options are good.

I wonder if we'll see a 996 style base unit with an HP1 style touchscreen remote head?

Last edited by 4436time; 11-05-2013 at 7:50 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks4ui View Post
In regards to the HP-1 a couple of things that disappoint me, its notorious slow scan rate and its inability of such a high tech radio to monitor Phase II transmissions, other than that, it really is a nice little rig.
The HP-1 scans as fast as any scanner out there (about 100 channels/sec).

Perhaps you are artificially slowing your scan rate through use of the 2 second HOLD TIME that will spend 2 seconds scanning each System no matter how many (or how few) channels there are in it. (If so... Solution: Set the HOLD TIME to 0 which will only spend as much time on the System as it takes to scan all the channels, then it will move on)

Joe M.

Last edited by Voyager; 11-06-2013 at 2:31 AM.. Reason: fixed typo
Old 11-06-2013, 3:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymatt1978 View Post
I tend to agree Dave railroads are a cornerstone of monitoring so NXDN is a must the question remains if Kenwood releases the protocols
'
According to this post on QRZz.com, NXDN has been released into the Public Domain. NXDN specification released

Link to download the standards NXDN Forum: How to Obtain the NXDN Open Standards | Instructions | NXDN Forum Website

If I correctly understand, Kenwood did not own NXDN.

PSR-500, PRO-96, BC780XLT, PRO-2067, PRO-2006/OptoScan 456, FT-7900, VX5R, VX150
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2013, 5:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4436time View Post
Several weeks ago, when the FCC approval of the 536 was announced, UPMAN was quoted as he was pleased they got that submitted before the government shutdown. The drawing of the back panel was released by the FCC and it is the form factor of the 996 with the seeming addition of a USB connector.

Uniden then requested the FCC embargo releasing technical details until November 16th.

No one has reported, as far as I know, that more models have been submitted to the FCC. So it appears that as of now, there is only ONE new model that has been approved for sale. Maybe there are others waiting in the wings. It will supposedly All-Be-Revealed in 10 days. Wow, what a PR coup to achieve so much HYPE and free bandwidth just from a few spurious Yahoo groups being formed!
Old 11-06-2013, 9:31 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ok, here's something that should reduce the amount of hype and awe: The number of models will depend on what your definition of a model is.
Old 11-06-2013, 9:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Ok, here's something that should reduce the amount of hype and awe: The number of models will depend on what your definition of a model is.
I like your comments. Very thought through.
Old 11-06-2013, 9:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Maybe it will be one radio box with different control head choices.....simple, advanced, etc.?

Somewhat like Motorola....W3, W5, W9 control heads for the one radio box. And then these control heads could release or open different features?
Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Quote:
Before he was President, Bill Clinton was my Governor, so I am familiar with this clever use of the phrase, "depends on your definition."
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Software defined models....... HHhhmmm... Pay for the features you want....
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2013, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
No one has reported, as far as I know, that more models have been submitted to the FCC. So it appears that as of now, there is only ONE new model that has been approved for sale.
I think it's 2 now:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...ml#post2044718

and

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...ml#post2066681

Edit: I note that the second one wasn't identified until after lep's original post. I'm just providing an update. I'm not claiming that lep wasn't correct at the time.

Last edited by oracavon; 11-06-2013 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'll add here that someone is going to post some screen grabs from that Japan video I posted a while back. The shots do show more detail of one of the products...but not nearly enough to spoil my fun. They are being posted with my blessing (this statement being added for the benefit of any admin who happens upon them).

Oh, and the pics on the FCC web site are of a pretty cruddy sample...not nearly the final case material (which I just received today and which looks awesome).

I'll post pics, later. Well...as in after 11/16 launch video reveals all.
Old 11-07-2013, 1:18 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

This anticipation is like that Rodney Carrington Video.. this is busting all our chops
Old 11-07-2013, 2:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I'll add here that someone is going to post some screen grabs from that Japan video I posted a while back. The shots do show more detail of one of the products...but not nearly enough to spoil my fun. They are being posted with my blessing (this statement being added for the benefit of any admin who happens upon them).

Oh, and the pics on the FCC web site are of a pretty cruddy sample...not nearly the final case material (which I just received today and which looks awesome).

I'll post pics, later. Well...as in after 11/16 launch video reveals all.
Come on UPMan do us a solid at radioreference and give us more teasers. Anything, lol.
Icom 718 // Baofeng UV-5R+ // Yaesu FT-2900R
Old 11-07-2013, 5:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you UPMan. Here you go. These are all pictures from the video that UPMan had posted titled "Typical day at Uniden Japan".