BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbootsuk

Premium Subscriber
hi all iv just got back into all this and boy have they got complicated,

looked all over the internet and forums etc and to no avail,
the manual don't mean much as i cant figure it out.

i need help with setting up trunktracker need setting for it really.( id codes groups etc) i live in Hampshire uk if that's any help.
also need settings to use unitrunker.

any help appreciated

thanks

captclint

Mentor
There several sources:
1. Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki
2. Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual
3. FreeSCAN
#3 is a free program. Since you are interested in trunked systems, you should definitely get software. This will not only make your programming much easier, but it will help you understand all of the features of the 15X/ It allows automatic download of any or all frequencies in your county and state from this site, and sets up trunking TGID's & para's(this is a big help). Once in the software, you can send everything to the scanner and you are off and running. You will need a USB adapter. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connecting_scanners_via_USB

Last edited:

bigbootsuk

Premium Subscriber
hi thanks for the fast info i have tried that free software but not a lot of frequencies in Hampshire uk.
and how do i get the TGID ??

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:

N8IAA

looked all over the internet and forums etc and to no avail,
the manual don't mean much as i cant figure it out.

i need help with setting up trunktracker need setting for it really.( id codes groups etc) i live in Hampshire uk if that's any help.
also need settings to use unitrunker.

any help appreciated

thanks

You're not kidding about the lack of frequencies for your county:lol: The trunking systems that you have cannot be picked up by any scanner made. Maybe you can listen to VHF/UHF aircraft, marine channels. Do a search with the service search function of the scanner. Or ask in the UK forum further down the forums page.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

What is the best software for this scanner and where can I find it???

Jason, please don't hijack someone else's thread to ask a question. If you go to the RR Wiki, and click on the Uniden scanner link, it will point you to all the different programming software available for your particular scanner. Make your own choice.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.