New Uniden BCD436HP FCC approved. AMWUB376

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Looks like the BCD436HP is a handheld. It is up on the FCC website now.

- W4ELL - Posted from my secret underground lair.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Looks like the BCD436HP is a handheld. It is up on the FCC website now.

- W4ELL - Posted from my secret underground lair.

I just hope it has the larger display like the BC125AT has. I guess we'll find out in 10 days, won't we?

:)

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
In on first page. Spot for sale.

It looks like the successor to the 396XT or a handheld Home Patrol!!! Sweet!

o5aw5l.jpg

Photo of the back of the new release. I'm excited!

2v2tfkn.jpg

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
T'would appear to be taller than the 396, but that could be Fry's gigantic mug skewing my vision..

Edit: thank you :)

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
T'would appear to be taller than the 396, but that could be Fry's gigantic mug skewing my vision..

Edit: thank you :)

Haha, I was like woahhhh! Gotta find a smaller version of Fry.

Where's UPMan? When can we expect a release date? Take my money bro.

Last edited:

bear780ks

Great Set of Pic's

Since it's a bit taller I bet this was done too allow a 4 cell configuration instead of the 3 unless it was to allow for more space for added features in the Scanner.. bear

Update: well bear you flopped that one :lol: in looking at the pictures again I see 3 is the Magic number to power the scanner :( that's a slight I say slight let down for me as I was hoping if the one of the new scanners was a Handheld released it would have a 4 cells running it, It's a little easier using a 4 pact set of batteries but if the internals of the radio is set to Run on Only 3 I can understand for staying with this style...

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Since it's a bit taller I bet this was done too allow a 4 cell configuration instead of the 3 unless it was to allow for more space for added features in the Scanner.. bear

The label right above that pic states 3 AAs..

Someone needs to get the CSIs from TV working on digging a reflection out of the wood paneling behind the radio. :)

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber

Someone needs to get the CSIs from TV working on digging a reflection out of the wood paneling behind the radio. :)

hehehehehe_duck.gif

I hope Uniden keeps it under $500. What with new competition from Whistler.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

And for some reason, I find that highly disappointing.

<rant> If Uniden is going to manufacture scanners that operate on only three batteries, then they also need to manufacture battery chargers that will hold / charge three batteries. All the chargers I have now charge two or four batteries at a time. I hate having an extra battery just laying around. I try to keep all four cells together, but sometimes they get all mixed up. I know, probably doesn't make all that much difference, but I guess I'm just OCD like that. </rant>

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Looks like another cheap plastic case with little to no protection for a several hundred dollar investment....

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Looks like another cheap plastic case with little to no protection for a several hundred dollar investment....

I'd rather just not toss it around than get a metal radio with more $ tacked on to the already several hundred dollar investment.

Matter of fact, you could just wait and get the base station version?

W4ELL

Feed Provider

Yeah definitely 3AA from the label... it does look like it is a little wider at the bottom than the 396XT. It seems to flare out toward the bottom a little to me but it might just be the picture.

bear780ks

Yea I realized that Jay I look past to fast at the label then posted it mental block i guess :roll: :D ) I do have a Question how do ones get Animated stuff on here I tried it and said it wasn't allowed I'm not mad over this I'm just wondering what i need to do to post it) is it the Browser i'm using which is Chrome..

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
All the chargers I have now charge two or four batteries at a time. I hate having an extra battery just laying around.

Grab a Powerex/MAHA charger, dude. I can charge 1 to 8 in one of mine and 1 to 4 in the other.

I'm using my 396XT right now, as I have for years daily, with no need for any more protection than it already has. The FCC label has half worn out, and I pulled the rubber cover off the programming port on purpose; other than that, it's not looking too bad at all.

Don't use your radio for 'percussive compliance' and you shouldn't have to worry about damage.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
And for some reason, I find that highly disappointing.

<rant> If Uniden is going to manufacture scanners that operate on only three batteries, then they also need to manufacture battery chargers that will hold / charge three batteries. All the chargers I have now charge two or four batteries at a time. I hate having an extra battery just laying around. I try to keep all four cells together, but sometimes they get all mixed up. I know, probably doesn't make all that much difference, but I guess I'm just OCD like that. </rant>

I bought a Maha charger so I can charge cells the way I want to. I can charge 1 cell individually or up to 8 cells at once. I also label my batteries in sets so that each set of 3 are always used together.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Looking at that photo, here's what I see in comparison to my 396:

- it appears to be about 1" to 1 1/2" taller.
- it has what appears to be an LED on the top, beside the control knob.
- the FUNC/MENU key (or what is said key on the 396) has not changed size nor location.
- it uses the same belt clip as the 396 (although it may be a plastic part instead of the metal lug on the 396).

I can't tell if the antenna is bigger than the 396; I tossed my stock antennas years ago for SRH789s.

Status
Not open for further replies.