HomePatrol Comm Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

box23

I have multiple 396XT radios that I extensively use the remote control and programming capabilities of through the serial port. While very rarely I do use FreeScan, I much prefer linux over Windows and have written various scripts and applications of my own for communication with the radios. This was made possible by Uniden releasing their communications protocol for the T and XT series.

Speculating, based off the pages of speculation on this site (I know, a bad idea), that the new radios being released may have some HomePatrol similar features I thought I would take a look at the HP-1 comm protocol to see how different things are from the T and XT series. After a little searching I found the following page: TechnicalDocs < HomePatrol < TWiki. Perusing the files only the Remote Control Specification covers what I was looking for, but only the remote control and no programming specific commands. Is this the only external interaction the HP-1 is capable of without using the Sentinel software?

I'm not implying that the new models will resemble the HP-1 in any way, just curious about the HP-1 protocol.

dougjgray

Other then remote contrl really there isnt much todo, because the data for favorites list is stored in a file. So externally you could put the program in on a pc save it to a favorites file and copy it to the hp1 sd card. Not sure if the file format is available but i believe it is text based. Not sure if future models will follow this set up maybe if they have sd csd they will

box23

Thanks for the clarification. I guess it makes sense considering what the HP-1 is. Thus why I don't have one and stick with my XT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.