RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzleriddle View Post
ok, a couple more ??'s is theer an "auto mode tlike the GRE/RS to find PL/DPL & NACS on both trunked & Conv. is there a regular PCIF port for unitrunker etc & maybe a built in Disc tap for DSD hehe also can someone send me a PM & send me a hpe file to get acquainted with the lay out of the program , on lasthing wil they single channel Trunk?
Thanks everyone
To get a layout of the program, just copy any preloaded System to a Favorites list and start exploring.

Joe M.
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfdems286 View Post
The Product Launch video is really cheesy. Seriously? Did we really need the fake stories?
While obviously scripted, I would be willing to bet they reflect the majority of feedback Uniden hears, and are representative of the desired target market.

Joe M. (not related to Joe in the video, but not too far off either)
Old 11-17-2013, 6:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default UNIDENS NEW SCANNERS AND HP-1?

Hello All.

I was just curious to know what will the new base scanner that was just announced by Uniden do that the HP-1 cant? And can I charge my HP-1 and/or use it at the same time from my PC with the USB cable?

Thanks Sheldon.
Old 11-17-2013, 6:54 PM

Regarding X2-TDMA vs Phase II:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I wish RR would not list them as the same thing in the dB, but they do.
That's not correct, we absolutely have them listed separately in the database.

Here's an X2 system:

Orange County Public Services (Project 25) Trunking System, Orlando, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Here's a Phase II system:

Lakeland City Services (Project 25) System Trunking System, Lakeland, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

The System Type distinguishes between the two. Additionally, premium members can see the System Type ("Flavor") on the P25 database reports.

Project 25 TDMA/X2 Trunked System Report
Old 11-17-2013, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
To get a layout of the program, just copy any preloaded System to a Favorites list and start exploring.

Joe M.
I do not have the scanner just the Software. just need a file to import to the software
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013, 7:47 PM
Banned for duplicate accounts

Quote:
I do not have the scanner just the Software. just need a file to import to the software
Sentinel .hpe Files Library - The RadioReference Wiki
Old 11-17-2013, 8:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Yep, you can use that software and export a system to an HPE file and then import it back in if that is what you want to try. It will also let you update its database to the current database. No radio needed at all.

You can create favorite lists and everything without the radio.
You cannot check for firmware updates as that does need the radio attached but you can edit and save a new profile.
You can do pretty much everything with what you have already.
Old 11-17-2013, 8:37 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation Audio

Does anyone know if the audio is any better? On the BCD396XT is was not loud and hard to understand at times... Also, better recpetion? Can it decode Simlcast Systems any better also?
Old 11-17-2013, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
BCD436HP Up Close

BCD436HP Large View
I was just looking over the photo..... Is that tiny blue led to the left of the speaker really the multi color led? If so, the placement is only good if your holding it in front of you and the led is way too small! It should have been on top like the pro-106 so it can be seen when on a belt clip. In a perfect world, I would have preferred having both, a multi colored display along with a top mounted led.
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013, 9:10 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter900 View Post
I was just looking over the photo..... Is that tiny blue led to the left of the speaker really the multi color led? If so, the placement is only good if your holding it in front of you and the led is way too small! It should have been on top like the pro-106 so it can be seen when on a belt clip. In a perfect world, I would have preferred having both, a multi colored display along with a top mounted led.
Even better is to take a clue from Apple and GoPro and include every conceivable option someone might want.

The Apple example is the software. The OS contains almost every protocol known today for network... Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, BT, and for Wi-Fi almost every EAP type is supported out of the box. Use any other device as an example. Why hold back? It is time Uniden paid attention to the industry as a whole, not just SCANNER competition. And not only listen to customers, listen to NON customers in other areas for great features to add.

As for GoPro, look at the LEDs. Why not place one on top, front, back, bottom? Before you say ridiculous, ask yourself, why not? SOMEONE out there will find it useful.

Another thing about software. While the $100 optional features of the HP1 sound like a huge deal, those could have just been included in the high price of the HP1 anyway. I bet MANY people opted for it. Apple just gave away the OS and a few great apps too. THe hardware is far more important to a hardware manufacturer. Keep people interested with free software and improvements.

Linksys, another great example. Open Source made it a household name.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have not seen or found anything regarding whether or not the headphone jack can be used to output unfiltered audio into a program like DSD?or is it in the manual and I just missed it.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Looks great! Can't wait to read the manual. 73 Uniden!
Icom 718 // Baofeng UV-5R+ // Yaesu FT-2900R // Yaesu FT-7900R
Old 11-18-2013, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
Regarding X2-TDMA vs Phase II:

That's not correct, we absolutely have them listed separately in the database.

Here's an X2 system:

Orange County Public Services (Project 25) Trunking System, Orlando, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Here's a Phase II system:

Lakeland City Services (Project 25) System Trunking System, Lakeland, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

The System Type distinguishes between the two. Additionally, premium members can see the System Type ("Flavor") on the P25 database reports.

Project 25 TDMA/X2 Trunked System Report
OK. I see they are different now. They both used to be tagged the same

But, X2 is not P25, so P25 should be removed from the system type description. It uses a P25 control channel, but the audio channels are not P25 compliant. It should be: "System Type: Motorola X2-TDMA"

And the System Voice description is just plain wrong. It says "System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive " when it's not P25 compliant at all. It should be "System Voice: Motorola X2-TDMA"

If you had a field to describe the control channel, that would be P25 compliant.

Joe M.

Last edited by Voyager; 11-18-2013 at 6:08 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 9:14 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default System discovery and analysis mode!

If I understand the video correctly, this feature is included in the 436HP correct?

Manny
Old 11-18-2013, 9:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Yes. As UPMAN stated in the video and in answering a similar Question in these Forums the "extreme" features of the HP-1 are included in the MSRP of both models.
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default BCD436HP Discussion Thread

I hope UPMan uploads a video of the 436HP soon. I'm really interested in how the display looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Because of the limited number of hours in a day (blame the cosmos), most of my after-videos are going to be shot on the weekend...
Old 11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Because of the limited number of hours in a day (blame the cosmos), most of my after-videos are going to be shot on the weekend...
Are you trying to tell us that you are actually human?
Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Display of Site names

In looking through the display samples shown in the manual, it appears that while the System, Department, Channel (and Favorites Lists) are shown, the source Site for a trunk system is not shown during a reception. It would be useful to have the option to display the Site, especially when monitoring systems with multiple sites (e.g., Ohio MARCS/MARCS-IP), and especially when monitoring mobile. Maybe it could be displayed as an alternating field with the System or Favorites field. (This applied to both the 436 and the 536.)

The capability is also lacking from the HP-1.

Not meant as a criticism, just a desired feature.
Old 11-18-2013, 4:06 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The sheer fact that the 396XT & the 996XT both operate that way by default on multi-site systems (always shows the site name, never the name you gave the system) is a forced feature I'm not going to miss at all.

My old home county is transitioning to a P25 500Mhz system, and they have 4 sites on the site controller going at once - the Type-II, the second-largest township in the county's 470Mhz Type-II, the P25 main site, and the new 700MHz P25 site. I love how I can edit the favorite list in notepad before uploading to the HP-1 so that the top-line of the display always showed 'Somerset County', regardless of what site or system it was currently scanning.

My hope is that these new ones let me pull the same trick...

Tags
bcd436hp, bcd536hp