RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RMH View Post
I have a BCD436HP on order. I am new to the Sentinel Software. Is it possible to download the software and begin building Favorite Lists before the scanner arrives?
Yes. Please see post #1 of this thread and the links that are included it in, including to Sentinel...
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I have a BCD436HP on order. I am new to the Sentinel Software. Is it possible to download the software and begin building Favorite Lists before the scanner arrives?
From post #1 of this thread:

Old 01-13-2014, 11:26 PM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Yes, most of us have already done the same thing while we wait.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7eir View Post
The Home Patrol does not do P25 Phase 2.
Thanks for that info so it gonna have to be the 436 and 536 to have the most up to date scanner.
Old 01-14-2014, 2:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje64 View Post
While this seems like a reasonable scanner at a reasonable price, it is not, IMHO, what the super-user wants. This seems like the next logical progression in their line of scanners. They had to do PhII in order to keep selling product and to compete with the PSR-800 (or Whisler follow on). Without DMR and NXD it is not the jump forward for the super-user.

Both NXDN and DMR are open standards so I don't see why scanner manufacturers will not add them to their lines. Are they afraid of a law suit? I don't know why since they are open standards.

I guess I was not surprised. This is what I expected, so I am not disappointed. Will not rush to buy this since I want to see what Whistler does. If it ends up they both just do a PhII scanner and Uniden continues to have horrid audio (like my existing Uniden), the my money goes to the Whistler.
In the original announcement of these 2 new scanners, the video, Uniden also said they were going to be
releasing some more products around the March - April time frame. I'd wait and see what comes down the line next before jumping over to Whistler. Besides, Uniden is a reputable company with a good track record. What do we know about the upstarts?

teknishun KF5OPQ
Sponsored links

Old 01-14-2014, 3:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje64 View Post
While this seems like a reasonable scanner at a reasonable price, it is not, IMHO, what the super-user wants. This seems like the next logical progression in their line of scanners. They had to do PhII in order to keep selling product and to compete with the PSR-800 (or Whisler follow on). Without DMR and NXD it is not the jump forward for the super-user.

Both NXDN and DMR are open standards so I don't see why scanner manufacturers will not add them to their lines. Are they afraid of a law suit? I don't know why since they are open standards.

I guess I was not surprised. This is what I expected, so I am not disappointed. Will not rush to buy this since I want to see what Whistler does. If it ends up they both just do a PhII scanner and Uniden continues to have horrid audio (like my existing Uniden), the my money goes to the Whistler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknishun View Post
In the original announcement of these 2 new scanners, the video, Uniden also said they were going to be
releasing some more products around the March - April time frame. I'd wait and see what comes down the line next before jumping over to Whistler. Besides, Uniden is a reputable company with a good track record. What do we know about the upstarts?

teknishun KF5OPQ
That is what I am doing. After reading a few posts back that this scanner uses the AMBE+2 chip which also is the required chip for NXDN, I have renewed hope that there is a near-future possibility for NXDN. Right now, NXDN is much more immediate need for me than Phase II P25. Railroads in this area have already switched to NXDN for yard uses. Phase II is only a future possibility for the local trunk system which I listen to only rarely.

PSR-500, PRO-96, BC780XLT, PRO-2067, PRO-2006/OptoScan 456, FT-7900, VX5R, VX150
Old 01-14-2014, 6:16 AM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default BCD436HP Discussion Thread

Quote:

teknishun KF5OPQ

In the video he said that they were releasing something more that would take advantage of the Wifi around March. He didn't say anything about new products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2014, 3:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Red face Sentinel Software for Dummies ??

Quote:
I have downloaded and installed the Sentinel software. I have updated the library and everything
else that can be updated at this time without actually having a scanner at hand.

I can see everything listed along the left side of the page.

The software is sorta "intuitive" but in other ways it is not.

I know what I want "to do" with the data I find, but do not know the "how."

Is there a help file or an online manual specifically for the Sentinel software?

teknishun KF5OPQ
Old 01-14-2014, 4:19 PM

Quote:
I have downloaded and installed the Sentinel software. I have updated the library and everything
else that can be updated at this time without actually having a scanner at hand.

I can see everything listed along the left side of the page.

The software is sorta "intuitive" but in other ways it is not.

I know what I want "to do" with the data I find, but do not know the "how."

Is there a help file or an online manual specifically for the Sentinel software?

teknishun KF5OPQ
UPMan has posted a few videos on using Sentinel on his youtube channel and there are several threads, including one sticky, that are about Sentinel. This thread is about the 436.
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycophpd View Post
UPMan has posted a few videos on using Sentinel on his youtube channel and there are several threads, including one sticky, that are about Sentinel. This thread is about the 436.
That's all I needed to know.
I can ALWAYS count on this group for someone to have an answer,
in one way or another.
Old 01-15-2014, 9:43 AM

My Sheriff Office is putting a new $ 12.1 million Motorola system online in two months. I want to buy the new BCD436HP to scan it. I have left my e-mail on several sales sites to be notified when the scanner is available. If anyone knows how I can get one faster please advise. Thank you.

Last edited by KSDeputy; 01-15-2014 at 9:50 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 9:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
My Sheriff Office is putting a new $ 12.1 million Motorola system online in two months. I want to buy the new BCD436HP to scan it. I have left my e-mail on several sales sites to be notified when the scanner is available. If anyone knows how I can get one faster please advise. Thank you.
Pre-ordering from one of the retailers will mean that they ship it to you as soon as it is in their hands and they can process it. That would be the fastest way.
Old 01-15-2014, 9:54 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you order from one of the lesser-advertised companies, your chances are probably good. I eventually ordered from Main Trading on this past Friday, and have been told I'm number 2 on the list.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default BCD436HP Discussion Thread

Well, I ordered my GPS today while "impatiently" waiting for my 436. Started playing with Sentinel last night too. Ready to get my new toy!

--
Yancy
BC246T
Old 01-15-2014, 8:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
If you order from one of the lesser-advertised companies, your chances are probably good. I eventually ordered from Main Trading on this past Friday, and have been told I'm number 2 on the list.
That's not surprising, Richard at MTC doesn't sell a lot of High Tech scanners out this away. But he ships stuff out Very quickly if that helps any. If he get's it on a Monday morning, its on a FedEx truck Monday afternoon!
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 AM

Have these been shipped out yet from Scanner Master? Anyone know the status?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 AM

Default Re: BCD436HP Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkatzjr View Post

Thanks!
No they haven't. As per UPMans post he said they haven't even shipped to distributors. Much less to customers.

Edit:
His post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Note that we've not shipped a single unit out to distributors, yet, so if you hear otherwise, it just ain't so. I know there has been some confusion with some early listings on eBay and elsewhere...but unless a dB admin decides to immediately turn around and sell his/her scanner (please don't), there aren't any units for sale quite yet...but very close.

Last edited by brennank; 01-16-2014 at 12:43 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 5:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default bearcat warehouse release date

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkatzjr View Post

Thanks!
Received an email from Bearcat warehouse today stating they will be receiving the BCD536HP on or between 1-22-14-1-24-14
Old 01-16-2014, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Thank you for posting this. I read it and now I just ordered my 436HP from Main Trading as well.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joej67 View Post
Received an email from Bearcat warehouse today stating they will be receiving the BCD536HP on or between 1-22-14-1-24-14
And God help them if they don't based on the posts in the 536 thread!

Joe M.

Tags
bcd436hp, bcd536hp