RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Speak for yourself. I'm willing to bet a larger number of people are interested in getting admins to perform tasks and answer some unanswered questions, than there are doing this (even if we all want to):
Jay you are a funny guy.
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2014, 3:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Just a heads up that you'll start seeing some post from actual, real live people (not beta testers or others with a bit of early access). We made special arrangements to get a few units aired in so that we could take care of orders we got from the admins here at RadioReference, and they should be getting them today and tomorrow (if they ordered only a 536...if they ordered a 436 or both, we are waiting for the expedited 436's to arrive to ship all at once).

Note that we've not shipped a single unit out to distributors, yet, so if you hear otherwise, it just ain't so. I know there has been some confusion with some early listings on eBay and elsewhere...but unless a dB admin decides to immediately turn around and sell his/her scanner (please don't), there aren't any units for sale quite yet...but very close.
I wonder if a separate Sticky for 536 abd 436 User Reports might be appropriate. . . (This one and the 436 is getting kinda well populated).
Old 01-14-2014, 3:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsima1 View Post
Jay you are a funny guy.
He's funny AND he's exactly right. Glad to hear Uniden did this (there is one thread already going, linked to earlier in this thread, of one of the admins who has his two already and is already answering questions ).
Old 01-14-2014, 6:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise871 View Post
I was hesitant to say anything until UPMan said it was ok. I know there would be some backlash. If you have any questions Jay let me know. Again I am learning as I go but the interface is straight forward. I find it easier to make quick videos if there is something that interest you.

Note: I think it was cool that UPMan said that the admins that order could talk about it. This takes the pressures of the Beta Testers and the RR. As Admins were regular users who just happen to work submissions in our spare time.
I think it's great that upman did this for the admins Now i can live vicariously thru you until mine arrives.

Thanks

PSR-600
BCD996T
PRO2096
785D
Kenwood TS2000
Kenwood TMD700
Old 01-14-2014, 6:40 PM

So.. about that second shipment... since if you haven't ordered one by now you're out of luck. What time frame are we looking at March/April?
Sponsored links

Old 01-14-2014, 10:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I thought "HamStation" said they have both of the new scanners ordered in sufficient quantities that they can still take pre-orders for their first shipment now.

Did I miss something?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanon View Post
So.. about that second shipment... since if you haven't ordered one by now you're out of luck. What time frame are we looking at March/April?
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post
I thought "HamStation" said they have both of the new scanners ordered in sufficient quantities that they can still take pre-orders for their first shipment now.

Did I miss something?
I think what he is referring to is UPMan saying that UNIDEN was sold out of the first shipment, but this means that retailers bought up all of them. This doesn't mean that each store is sold out of the first batch. I think maybe one has sold out but others are still taking orders. When in doubt, give them a call to verify.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:04 AM

Thumbs up

Between this and the other 436 threat are both probably the hottest threads going on in this website.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Shippments

The second shipment shouldn't be more than 2 weeks after the first.
Just a guess on previous models.
Sponsored links

Old 01-15-2014, 6:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This is correct. No problem on more preorders either model.I do want to say I am sorry that on Tuesday I was given wrong shipping date.From what I have now been told the base will shipping on Monday the 20th.

Not sure on 436 guess about a week later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post

Did I miss something?
Old 01-15-2014, 8:08 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

That is terrific news, Jeff, thank you
Old 01-15-2014, 9:47 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Reading through the manual and a little confused as to what the start up keys do. Do I have to hit keys every time I turn the scanner on to scan my favorites list? Or (the light bulb just went on) Lets say I want to just scan the Connecticut state police, for what ever reason. I have Start up key 1 assigned to this list. I turn the scanner on hit that key and only the CSP scans. Correct?

Will tuning the scanner off and then back on with out hitting a start up key scan all my favorites again?

Uniden BC355 in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls, and now a BCD536HP.
Old 01-15-2014, 9:55 AM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trido View Post
This is correct. No problem on more preorders either model.I do want to say I am sorry that on Tuesday I was given wrong shipping date.From what I have now been told the base will shipping on Monday the 20th.

Not sure on 436 guess about a week later.
I just placed my order with Jeff for a 436. Good talking with you on the phone.
Dan
Old 01-15-2014, 10:00 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
My reply was more to do with what it would take to stop all complainers than a statement on how well it handles P25 simulcast. I'd rather actual performance reports stand as the foundation for such expectations.
Hey Paul

If you could answer a simple technical question about the 436/536 series, it would really help to establish what would be reasonable expectations (and what would not be reasonable expectations) on how well the units will (or won't) handle P25 simulcast.

The question is : which method of P25 demodulation do the 436/536 utilize, "C4FM" or "CQPSK" ?

IOW, in the 436/536, is the tap point for the MBE DSP chip located after the FM discriminator stage, as it is in all current P25-capable scanners? Or, has the DSP tap point been moved to an IF stage?

The reason for asking is that P25 LSM signals (when simulcast distortion is present) cannot be properly recovered once the signal has been passed through an FM demodulator/discriminator. No matter how smart the firmware is it cannot recover the correct signal if
a) it is processing a signal that's been FM-demodulated, and
b) simulcast distortion is present

I've already asked this before, and the question was ignored. I would not be surprised if this question is, also. I'm asking again because
a) with all the traffic on this thread, no one could blame you for missing something
b) the level of interest in this question is clearly palpable, and
c) manufacturers won't add the capability if users don't specifically know what to ask for.

So, let's rephrase the question one more time, in the interests of absolute clarity: amateur manufacturers have been touting IF-DSP for a long time. When can we expect this feature to appear in scanners?

Max
Old 01-15-2014, 10:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Two questions

After watching a couple of youtube videos I have two questions. Does the LED around the function key stay on during the whole transmission if you set it to and are all of the large 'system, department, channel' buttons black or are three of them white? In most videos they are white, but on one YouTube video they are all black (the video in question is BCD536HP_2 (from Houston) - I like them all black.
Sponsored links

Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The startup key enables/disables elements on bootup. For example, if you have 3 FL's on SK1, 2 on SK2, 1 on SK3, and 4 with no SK:

Press 1 while booting:
FLs on SK1 are enabled.
FLs on SK2 and SK3 are disabled.
FLs with no SK are not affected (if they were enabled before, they are still enabled; ditto disabled).

Next time you boot, don't press a key, nothing changes.

Next time you boot, hold 2 while booting:
FLs on SK1 and 3 are disabled
FLs on SK2 are enabled
FLs with no SK are left in their prior state.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Max: We don't discuss our proprietary designs.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
The startup key enables/disables elements on bootup. For example, if you have 3 FL's on SK1, 2 on SK2, 1 on SK3, and 4 with no SK:

Press 1 while booting:
FLs on SK1 are enabled.
FLs on SK2 and SK3 are disabled.
FLs with no SK are not affected (if they were enabled before, they are still enabled; ditto disabled).

Next time you boot, don't press a key, nothing changes.

Next time you boot, hold 2 while booting:
FLs on SK1 and 3 are disabled
FLs on SK2 are enabled
FLs with no SK are left in their prior state.
Ok I think I see where you are there. So how would I get , after the third boot, all there list enabled?

Uniden BC355 in the truck, a BC350A hosting a feed a BC125AT playing several rolls, and now a BCD536HP.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

By using the menu, for one.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:39 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default BCD536HP Discussion Thread

Paul is there any way to get discriminator out without modifying the hardware?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
bcd436hp, bcd536hp