RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 9:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Cool Uniden DSD friendly Scanner *When*

Now as we all know you can not decode Provoice/MotoTRBO/NEXEDGE on any current Scanner on the
market today

Now That Said

1. FACT ++++The psr-800 has a discriminator out the audio jack Option/ Feature
Also Would track EDACS-ESK + Had a option to follow Digital talk groups on edacs or edacs-esk systems
with this in mind you could feed the audio in to a computer and run dsd (Digital Voice Decoding Software)
And track a given EDACS or /EDACS_ESK Digital Talkgroup *Not Encrypted*

2. Known ----- uniden and other scanner manufactures will never support Provoice/MotoTRBO/NEXEDGE
Digital Decoding Technologies in there Products due to Copyright/DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright
Act) and many other Legal Issues

3. My Market ????? in my scanner market there is almost nothing to monitor that is not
Digital ie (Provoice/MotoTRBO/NEXEDGE)
There for I am no longer after any current scanner on the market and that is a loss to the manufactures
of scanners and really dis-interest me to keep up on any new products released
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wish of a DSD friendly Scanner

A New Scanner Handheld/Base Mobile (Both)

1. This Scanner May be a analog scanner *The Digital Will Be Decoded With External Programs Via The
discriminator out of audio jack **++All Legal issues are on the user++** Given some power to monitor
back to the hobbyist

1. Edacs/Edacs Esk Tracking With the Option to track Digital Talkgroups = True or False To enable
Tracking of Digital Signal and a Discriminator Tap With the optionto feed it out the audio Jack
**you chould even add the same features track Digital Talkgroups = True or
False To enablen to Motorola Trunk Talkgroups** only the 3600-Baud Type Systems

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** if uniden got on board with this scanner it will sell like hot cakes in my market and many others
give some ability to monitor back to the hobbyist***

Last edited by The_dog; 11-20-2013 at 9:29 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2013, 9:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Why Uniden didn't add discriminator access like the PSR-800 is beyond me. Also, any new scanner coming out should be more SDR based. That's the future.
Old 11-20-2013, 9:37 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

The BCT15X is very easy to install a tapp in.
Old 11-20-2013, 9:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the extreme upgrade, doesn't the HP-1 have this feature using the USB cable?
Larry
Old 11-20-2013, 9:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thumbs down

To RonnieUSA

Thank for that info (BCT15X)
But it lacks The option to follow Digital talk groups on edacs or edacs-esk systems
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To N8IAA

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the extreme upgrade, doesn't the HP-1 have this feature using the USB cable?
Larry

the radio dumps Control channel data out usb
Sponsored links

Old 11-20-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8IAA
Larry
the radio dumps Control channel data out usb
That is not correct. The HP-1 sends discriminator audio out of the USB port, not control channel data. The trouble is that there is no way to interface that with DSD because the PC does not recognize the HP-1 as a USB audio device, but as a serial device instead.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...ml#post1863281
Old 11-21-2013, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
The trouble is that there is no way to interface that with DSD because the PC does not recognize the HP-1 as a USB audio device, but as a serial device instead.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...ml#post1863281
Wouldn't a simple software update (code written) solve this issue? Of course Uniden would need to make an update and we all know that is most likley NOT going to happen now....
Old 11-21-2013, 8:29 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Without the COMBINATION of options to enable stopping on PV TGs AND to send baseband audio to the headphone jack, it is still a 2 scanners required task, regardless of what you install a discriminator tap in.

That Uniden didn't provide those two things, as of yet anyway, as options is also beyond me. Especially given how long they've know the PSR800 can do this and how powerful those two simple things can be in the right hands. Seems to me it would be virtually no additional cost to do it either. The stopping on PV TGs should be nothing more than a bit of code modification and the routing of the base band audio just a bit of internal circuitry and a bit more code.