BCD596HP Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Been doing some checking on pricing for when the new scanner comes out.

Thus far it looks like Scanner Master, the Ham Station and Universal Radio are showing the same price ($599.95). I've purchased stuff from all three of these sellers in the past and am satisfied with their service. So I guess where my order goes will hinge on shipping price.

Scanner Master's website says Free Ground Shipping on orders over $30.

The Ham Station (at least the way I read it) says shipping is $18 ground service.

Universal Radio doesn't show anything on shipping cost.

Are there other vendors out there and what might their shipping costs be?

(And yes I am trying to drive a hard bargain).

scannersnstuff

do you mean the bcd536hp ?. if so check the sticky threads way up top. topic is already being beaten to death <by me included>. it would appear that if scannermaster has free shipping thru december <which they do>, they would be the best deal. used them dozens of times. never a bad experiencce. the 536 is the base unit.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I gotta get a keyboard that spells better. I thought I'd separate the pricing question out from the rest of the discussion.

The question will be if the scanner isn't available until January, that might nix scanner master's free shipping in December. But then again they may extend it for competitive reasons for the new scanners.

Thanks!

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

sure, you could possibly be correct. they may extend it, in the hopes of making a sale. if you preorder, your chances definetly improve. somehow, you should be locked in.

the happiest of holidays to you.

RogerH11

You need to really pay attention before ordering! I believe I read that Scanner Master will charge your card now while the others won't til it ships.

JimNS3K

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP pricing

Ham Radio Outlet has free shipping for this scanner. You can preorder for $35.00 which you can apply against the purchase price. The price is listed as To be determined. Probably 599.95 or less.

Jim, NS3K

scannersnstuff

yes scannermaster website does say your card will be charged. free shipping. - i would check and see if this is a typo.

if you cancel on hro, do you get dinged the $35 ?. answered my own question. the $35 is refundable. then why charge a reservation fee ?.

Last edited by a moderator:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

RogerH11

yes scannermaster website does say your card will be charged. free shipping. - i would check and see if this is a typo.

if you cancel on hro, do you get dinged the $35 ?. answered my own question. the $35 is refundable. then why charge a reservation fee ?.

I can only guess which is to weed out those who aren't really interested and get some cash up front for their time. If I was the HRO I would offer a lay-away plan where people can send in $50-100 a month so more people can get the radio who are hard pressed to put out $600 at one time. I did this before with Glenn @ Scanners Unlimited and really miss that outfit.

kf4uuz

I ordered the 436 via ScannerMaster and they charged me $14.00 for UPS ground shipping.
PayPal informed me that the charge has been processed.
I will be calling ScannerMaster on Monday.

scannersnstuff

you have to tell them the code "freeship30" . look at the website. i'm pretty sure if you tell them, they will fix it. they have never really disappointed me yet.

scannersnstuff

if they give you a song and a dance, tell them that you are a member of rr. they are apparent strong supporters of this site. if that doesn't work, sic me on them. i'm like a friggin' pitbull. i should have been a lawyer !. if i don't work, i'll get my wife. she just plain scares the livin' crap outta me.

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
10-501853 Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP Police Scanner
1 $499.95 $499.95

Subtotal: $499.95
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $14.00
Grand Total: $513.95

This is what Scanner Master dinged my card for-- I sure didn't get free shipping. I could have gotten faster shipping but not a big deal.

scannersnstuff

my friends, heres where the fine art of haggling comes in. point this out to them. if somehow you forgot to mention freeship30, who really cares ?. they should be taking this off automatically. a repeat customer is a good customer. give em' hell. i'm teaming up with ralph nader.

ps - i don't believe i've bought a scanner from anyone besides scannermaster in the last 10 years or so. always very satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:

tilt404

Here in Canada current Uniden digital mobile is $550, but new digital mobile price is listed at $720 !

So much for Uniden keeping the prices in line with previous models. Feels like I'm paying extra for the USB cable and other things added in cash. I don't think its worth $720 but maybe this is just a 'suggested retail price'. I don't know.

Kel

Look at what the Canadian dollar is doing though,after you take the cost of shipping,you pay a little more in Canada unless dealers lower there price which I doubt they will,I think I will wait and see what Whistler has for features before I make a decision.

kf4uuz

if they give you a song and a dance, tell them that you are a member of rr. they are apparent strong supporters of this site. if that doesn't work, sic me on them. i'm like a friggin' pitbull. i should have been a lawyer !. if i don't work, i'll get my wife. she just plain scares the livin' crap outta me.

I appreciate your offer of assistance. However it wasn't necessary. I called ScannerMaster, and they immediately credited my account. No problem.

scannersnstuff

no problem. they have always made good. coincedentally. my wife just happens to be in your area at this time.

tilt404

Look at what the Canadian dollar is doing though,after you take the cost of shipping,you pay a little more in Canada unless dealers lower there price which I doubt they will,I think I will wait and see what Whistler has for features before I make a decision.

I don't think it has anything to do with the CDN $. Its not that much difference. Even at the shop the new uniden mobile is selling at for $720, you can find the BCT15X for the exact same price at it sells for in the US at Universal Radio.

Uniden BCT15X BearTracker Mobile Scanner|BCT15X [UNI-BCT15X] : @ Radioworld Toronto

Uniden Bearcat BCT15X Scanner BCT-15X

Then you compare the new uniden mobile at the same 2 stores:

Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP Scanner|BCD536HP [UNI-BCD536HP] : @ Radioworld Toronto

Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP Scanner

$120 difference. Current digital model is about $100 more here though also, so I guess its all in line. But still can't see paying $720 for that scanner. Plus out high tax here and shipping, its getting up toward $900 !

Status
Not open for further replies.