Freescan to Sentinel conventional converter Excel file

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Hello Fellow Scannerheads,

I tinkered around with an Excel spreadsheet today to make it easier for me to convert my Freescan conventional groups into Sentinel BCDx36 HP software. I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else finds it helpful.

Basically, you go into a Freescan conventional group, select and copy all of the channels you want to export, then paste them into the spreadsheet in A1, and the spreadsheet will apply some formulas to the Freescan fields, so that they can be copied from the spreadsheet into Sentinel. I've tried it with my own files, and I think it will save me some time.

You can download the spreadsheet at the link below.

http://www.bensware.com/scandfw/FreeScanToBCDSentinal.XLS

It does not use macros, but you'll probably get a message about those when you open it. I probably won't have too much time to help you troubleshoot any problems, but hopefully it will make your life a little easier, and not more complicated.

Oh, if you don't have Excel, it should work with OpenOffice available at http://www.openoffice.org/.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Ben

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
There is one critical issue with this - the form is confusing the PL/DPL column as 'audio type', and setting everything for 'analog only' & dropping the PL's.

Can you fix that? Otherwise, this is going to be a real timesaver!

W2SJW

Database Admin
My humble apologies - I figured out the issue was user error! I was pasting data into the Excel file as 'simple' data, not 'full'. Once I corrected that, all was kosher!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

JoeyC

My humble apologies - I figured out the issue was user error! I was pasting data into the Excel file as 'simple' data, not 'full'. Once I corrected that, all was kosher!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

How does one paste as 'full' data after copying from FreeScan? I only have one option and that is Keep Text Only (T). When I do that I get that error because it doesn't recognize - as an audio type.

Even with the error, the data pastes correctly.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Take the check mark out of the box shown & more columns will then open up in your channel grid:

7pJsvd1.jpg

I'm using Office 2013, and I just do a straight 'CTRL+V' with no issues...

JoeyC

I have never used simple view in FreeScan but oddly enough, I am not having the error show up anymore. I have NO idea what I was doing differently earlier this morning...

And oddly enough, I am not even getting the error when using Simple view! Maybe my Excel is possessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.