RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 9:17 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pre loaded States

After almost two days still trying to load the pre loaded state Ma. onto a bcd996xt. How soon do you use the word disgusted? From what I can see Uniden says hit scan ./no and 32. Does nothing for me. There has to be an easier way. I can use Freescan, that connects ok. All I have to dois figure that out too, as of now it does not read whatever is program from the factory.
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2013, 9:49 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patroit View Post
After almost two days still trying to load the pre loaded state Ma. onto a bcd996xt. How soon do you use the word disgusted? From what I can see Uniden says hit scan ./no and 32. Does nothing for me. There has to be an easier way. I can use Freescan, that connects ok. All I have to dois figure that out too, as of now it does not read whatever is program from the factory.
Not sure why that is not working. Did you buy it new or previously owned? Also, FreeScan has an option to erase all systems 1st, and then upload. You may have accidentally selected that. There is a master reset that should restore all the preloaded systems if the preloaded sys were deleted. However, you should know that almost all the preloaded systems are way out of date. You are better of programming what you want using FreeScan and the DB

Last edited by captclint; 12-01-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-01-2013, 11:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Not sure about Mass, but Maine wasn't one of the preloaded states..maybe Ma isn't an otion?
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 12-02-2013, 5:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Preloaded with Conventional or Trunk ? Likely Pre-Loaded from a few years ago valid data

The Mass SP trunk has had many changes in the past year and Control Channels have changed greatly, you may want to verify what you have against the RRDB and make changes

Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 7:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for replys guys. Going back at it today, the rig seems like a fairly new built with the latest firm ware. I thinking I'm going to dump everything loaded on it, I don't know if that's a good idea though.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I don't know if that's a good idea though.
Its not a good idea, Its a GREAT idea.

Preloaded data in scanners is often outdated and is not that useful. Use FreeScan and set up the systems you want and the way you want, and delete all the useless clutter out of the scanner.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default useless or not

i just found the other unused systems to be in the way.i have a 396t and would scroll through the entire us to find a system or two and it took too long so i too wiped out all of them and then reloaded the ones i would use. think of it this way, when are you going to ______ (fill in a useless state here)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Spendt a few hours with it. Deleted every thing and reload the Mass using free scan. What I get is nothing to scan. Could not figure that one out and too disgusted to continue so tommorrow will be another day.
Old 12-02-2013, 1:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pre loaded states

Since all of the present scanners except the newest from Uniden have been around awhile, their included databases are useless. The only way you are going to get a useful database is to create one using the RR data. Reloading just the ones you want from an old list is a lesson in futility. You might try posting in your state's forum and see if someone will send you a working compilation. It may not be exactly what you want, but if it works you will be able to base one on it.
Sponsored links

Old 12-02-2013, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Spendt a few hours with it. Deleted every thing and reload the Mass using free scan. What I get is nothing to scan. Could not figure that one out and too disgusted to continue so tommorrow will be another day.
You must assign each system or site a quick key, then you must turn the quick key on, otherwise you have a scanner full of frequencies/talkgroups but nothing is activated to scan.
Old 12-02-2013, 3:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If JoeyC's good suggestion does not work for you, you might look at the following:

Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ok I think I'm well on my way. There's two videos from Free scan that gave a lot of help. There are some things I don't understand and have not been able to upload the UMass-Lowell freq, but I' scanning the area.