Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Been reading page after page and to tell you the truth I'm still confused. I haven't picked up a scanner in a long time. Way before trunking and 900mhz was heard of. Hoping I can get someone who can hook me up with the setup I need.
I have a new home patrol and just downloaded the new software. I have several gps. Garmin 670 and Garmin 2595. The 670 have a small sma port in back so I am assuming it's for an additional antenna. I have a Maxrad Bmaxscan1000 antenna for the mobile vehicle antenna. I would like to hook a gps up for this scanner as well. Since I have a gps already I would like to use it. Not sure if it's just as easy to buy a gps hockey puck. I have some sma antenna adapter and wire from an old hockey puck gps antenna. Am I able to make a cable to utilize the 670 or 2595? If not I know the Garmin 350,60,70 series will work but I think after investing in a 350, then adapter, wires etc it might just be as easy to get the factory gps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
check out this thread, if you haven't already.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/279071-help-connect-gps-home-patrol-1-a.html

I use the garmin gps-18 and it works just fine. The only "complaint" I have with it is in some vehicles it HAS to be outside the vehicle to work. For example, my 2011 Ram, initially installed it on the dash. That worked fine until I started the truck, some sort of interference with the truck running would cause the gps to lose sats. Relocated it to the roof, all is well.

Jeff.

lawman210

Any way of keeping the back light from going off when listening to reply?

Anyway to alphabetize your favorite lists? When I set them up I did it willy nilly style so I have districts that I want to move closer together instead of having them on different pages or having to scroll down the page

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Anyway to alphabetize your favorite lists? When I set them up I did it willy nilly style so I have districts that I want to move closer together instead of having them on different pages or having to scroll down the page

From within Sentinel:
Edit->Sort Favorite Lists.
Select A-Z.
Marshall KE4ZNR

lawman210

Oh ok so u need to do it from software then sync it with home patrol
I haven't figured out how to put the channels into my favorites list in the software. For now I just add them to my lists as they pop up on scanner.
How do you view the channels you set as a favorite? I can view my created lists but not my default favorite list. Can view it on software only

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
I have a new home patrol and just downloaded the new software. I have several gps. Garmin 670 and Garmin 2595. ...Since I have a gps already I would like to use it. Not sure if it's just as easy to buy a gps hockey puck. ...Am I able to make a cable to utilize the 670 or 2595? If not I know the Garmin 350,60,70 series will work but I think after investing in a 350, then adapter, wires etc it might just be as easy to get the factory gps.

You can use the 2595 with the Argent GTRANS2 cable for $50, but the traffic feature of the Garmins may not work while using the cable. Since it is custom made, you can specify the connectors to eliminate any adapters for a cleaner install. Scott Miller is very helpful and can be reached through the contact page.
https://www.argentdata.com/support/fmi.html

See http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/266655-using-garmin-nuvi-uniden-scanner-gps.html for discussion on using the traffic feature with the GTRANS2 cable.

lawman210

Gonna bump this If no response I will start a new thread.
Anyone hook a uniden gps to the new bcd536 yet?

lawman210

I have. Works just fine.

Thanks upman. If I travel only 50 mile radius of my home will the gps be of benefit? With a gps do you still use favorites or do you use the whole database?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I find it quite useful, even when just driving around the metroplex. You can use it with the main database or favorites list(s) or both.

lawman210

U have the part number of the uniden gps that works the best? I have seen 2 different ones on ebay. They are both hockey puck style but look slightly different

Status
Not open for further replies.