Ebay sale of a uniden bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Looks like somebody is taking pictures from other sites and making their own add and trying to scam people.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
yeah .... right! at $2grand!? nice of them to ship it for free.

have to agree the whole add does look a little "funny"

pepsima1

Banned
This person scammed Lindsey's picture from Youtube video of his radio. What a wanker. All of those pictures are snipped and pasted from other sites.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The ad says this is not the "real price". Looks like it's just a placeholder so they can get the listing to rank on search engines and such. Happens all the time.

That being said, I usually do see new Uniden scanners for sale on eBay for $200 or more over the street price. Makes me wonder if I should start buying and reselling scanners for a nice $200 markup. After all, with "a sucker born every minute" there's plenty of money to be made. ;)

pepsima1

Banned
Well Uniden puts strict guidelines on their pricing when it comes to their dealers and if there is any funny business going on then Uniden will rip their selling rights to their product away. But when it comes to EBAY then there is nothing that can be done.

Now what I could see is that the first people to get their shipment of radios to their house will probably do some dumb stunt and put their radios up on EBAY and charge double and sell it to see if they can make a profit. Hopefully Uniden has a large supply of these radios coming over from Asia on a huge tanker ship with a few hundred of them 48 foot shipping containers filled with these radios.

Who knows maybe all of these radios are being stored in a facility right now in Texas

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I would like to meet the fool that pays 1999.00 for it. That's more than 3 times MSRP.

I want to get one, but not at that price.

Does anyone think these will sell?

Russell

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Well Uniden puts strict guidelines on their pricing when it comes to their dealers and if there is any funny business going on then Uniden will rip their selling rights to their product away. But when it comes to EBAY then there is nothing that can be done.

Now what I could see is that the first people to get their shipment of radios to their house will probably do some dumb stunt and put their radios up on EBAY and charge double and sell it to see if they can make a profit. Hopefully Uniden has a large supply of these radios coming over from Asia on a huge tanker ship with a few hundred of them 48 foot shipping containers filled with these radios.

Who knows maybe all of these radios are being stored in a facility right now in Texas

Well, I don't want to derail this thread, so this will be my last post about this, but not to worry... I might put a listing up to see if I got any bites (no harm in fishing) but NO ONE is getting my first 436. That radio is MINE.

Should I be so lucky as to reel in a big fish on eBay I'll order their radio from Scanner Master and ship it to 'em unopened/mint-in-the-box. It'd be the least I could do for someone so eager to get a scanner that they would overpay for it by $200. ;)

-AZ

pepsima1

Banned
I just placed my order for the BCD536HP right now from ScannerMaster for 599.00 plus I will get free shipping and no tax.

I love buying from the internet when you can get free shipping and pay no tax. Its like the Wild Wild West.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Nothing new here at all and really no conspiracy whatsoever when the 996t came out an even the 785d and the 796d the prices on certain online sites and EBAY were out of hand.A placeholder page is all it is no more no less.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I haven't bought anything from Ebay for years. It's got where it's more of a scam or stolen property. I give it time his page will be shut down cause someone will turn him in.

BigEvil

as per the listing, "We will be able to ship these around 1/15/14"

why not just buy it from Scanner Master for 599 then?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well Uniden puts strict guidelines on their pricing when it comes to their dealers and if there is any funny business going on then Uniden will rip their selling rights to their product away.

Uniden exercises no control over what dealers sell the scanners for. We set a price to our distributors, and express what we think the street retail price will be, but they are free to sell for any price they want. With limited exceptions, we actually don't even sell to retailers/dealers...we sell to distributors who then resell to dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.