RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 4:14 PM

You can try the advanced search using the manufacturer or model number.
Old 12-14-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofd8001 View Post
If you could post a picture of the radio used by your wife, which shows the antenna, it could provide a clue. It might help us narrow down whether the frequncies are in the 800, 450-470 or 150 range. That's not a guarantee however.
The OP already stated they are Motorola CP100's. CP100's only do VHF and UHF, specifically, 150-160MHz or 461-470MHz.

The radios are pre-programmed with 56 selectable channels in the UHF band or 27 channels in the VHF band. They do PL and DPL, but this won't matter to his scanner. They don't do repeater splits.

This isn't too hard to figure out, a scanner that will do a search between 150-160 and 461-470 will do the trick. The other option is to program in the channels and just scan them. It's not an insurmountable task.

Looking up the FCC ID number would work, but so would just looking at the antenna on the radio. If they are the stock Motorola antennas, they'll have VHF or UHF clearly marked on the base.

The CP100 is available for download from the Motorola website: CP100™ Portable Two-Way Radio - Motorola Solutions USA

The selectable pre-programmed frequencies are listed starting on page 36.
Old 12-14-2013, 6:07 PM

I made a mistake it's a Cp200.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2013, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman210 View Post
I made a mistake it's a Cp200.

Still, you are looking at Analog conventional, either VHF or UHF. Narrow down which one it is by looking at the antenna or the FCC ID, then start your search. The frequency capability is wider, but again, it's likely going to fall into the 151-160 or 461-470 range.
Old 12-14-2013, 9:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This has turned into a scavenger hunt. Kinda funny. I cant wait to see how it turns out.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2013, 9:21 PM

Lol that's because there is a lot of people willing to help a guy who is pretty much an idiot when it comes to scanners. My wife goes back to work on Monday night. I will have an answer by Wednesday because I plan on going Monday and Tuesday to figure it out. I will have a bunch of freqs with me. I won't go running off armed with nothing but my my scanner. I will have an answer shortly.
Thanks for all the replies

Old 12-15-2013, 1:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Here's a link to something I found on Batlabs, a forum for all things Motorola, on decoding model numbers for portable radios built after 3/10/1992: http://www.batlabs.com/arc/portable.pdf

Then there's another post in the RR Motorola section about a CP200 showing additional information about model numbers and how they decode. Question about Motorola Radius CP200

I haven't used the Close Call feature on a scanner, but it seems that may be helpful if the radio and scanner are near each other. Perhaps those with more experience/knowledge can chime in on the steps you can take.

You could also program in some search ranges on your scanner and key-up the radio while searching.

Once you get the frequency, you could go back to that FCC search page, plug it in and perhaps see who the licensee is and whether there are additional frequencies.
Old 12-15-2013, 9:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You could also sit in the parking lot running search with the antenna removed and at least get the repeater input freq and go from there. I tried it once a long long time ago, and it worked for me.