RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 6:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default BCD 396XT - how to use multiple channels???

I recently switched from a RS96 to the BCD 396XT and I've not been able to figure out how to work the multiple channels. Right now I have county A programmed in using freescan. But I'd like to program in County B and County C. When I'm in county C area with the RS model, I could lock out county A and B and only scan County C. I can't seem to figure out how to program this and then lock them out? Does that even make sense? Help pls....
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2013, 6:56 PM

Assign Quick Key
01 Group A
02 Group B
03 Group C and so on
Then pressing 1, 2 or 3 you can lock out or enable it.
I always put the quick Key # in front of my System so over Time it is eassier to remember.
Also you may want to read up here Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual
Old 12-30-2013, 7:01 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well that depends. If these counties are in the same state and use nothing but conventional freqs, that would work. However if you need to listen to their trunked systems, you need to do a bit more programming.

You might not even need to manually lock the undesired county out - you could use a GPS and a function known as Location Based Scanning to do that for you

The Easier to Read manual is certainly a place to go - but this article from our wiki (links are always blue) contains links to just about everything you need to get started. There's a very detailed article on Location Based Scanning linked in our DMA FAQ....

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Tags
lock out talkgroup id, multiple channels, separate channels