996XT P25 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I recently got a 996XT to replace a old Analog RadioShack scanner. I have successfully programmed conventional and Motorola trunked systems, however I'm not sure how to program a particular p25 system.

The system is listed as P25 for for Police dispatch and DPW, however Fire and Police Supervisors and listed as FM. Would I have to program two systems, one conventional for Fire Dept and Police supervisors and one P25 for police and DPW?

DJ88

Enfield operates on a conventional system with digital voice on select channels, so you would program the system as Conventional. You can program all of the frequencies into one group or separate them into different groups. For Police 1, enter the frequency and using the Set Audio Type option on the menu, program it as "Analog Only". Also enter the Tone. Then enter it again and usiing the Set Audio Type option on the menu, set it for "Digital Only" and also enter the NAC. For Public Works, program the Audio Type as "Digital Only" and enter the NAC also. Enter the rest of the frequencies, program them all as "Analog Only", and enter the Tones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.