Need help with 796D Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
I have a 796D uniden scanner, now Im programing it and in the bandplan drop down menu it has a few opions, one is

Custom Scan
BC250/785 bandplan us
none
ubc3300 Plan 1
ubc3300 Plan 2

which one should I use? now when i downloaded the freq from rr i used the rebanded freq? also another question is there a setting for the apco-25 setting on this scanner, Like maybe a decode threshold, thanks for the help, Bill

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Which system Bill? Please be specific

It's a little hard to know whether you're looking at the scanner and doing this manually, or via software (I suspect the latter since the scanner should not have any references to the UBC series, which are European), so let's cover all the bases with what is needed to reband the 796 and see what results....

Step 1. If the 796D hasn't been updated with the updated firmware, if the system you want to hear has been rebanded, you may have issues. You can find that here...

BC796DFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

This also has the instructions on how to input the table values. Note that there are very few type 1 systems out there any more - always use the type 2 settings. Be sure to read the *whole* article.

Step 2. If you're using software (either ARC250 or ProScan) you'll need to see if you're using the most up to date version. If you're using ProScan, you can set up the tables under the Trunk Bank Settings tab. Unfortunately we don't have a pic for ARC250 in the wiki...

In summary you must have *both* the firmware updated and the most up to date software to reband properly

Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One other point here - since you're a premium subscriber, if you were to download the system using either package, the rebanding setup is done automagically as long as the flag has been set in the database

Mike

wc8i

Premium Subscriber
Hi mike what do u mean the flag set? In data base?And I am using the 250 software , I think I did down load the update but I'm going to do it again , I really appreciate ur help Mike and oh one more thing it has the ubc European on the list to , Bill

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Once again, which system?? This is very important so that we're both talking on the same page

The 'flag' I mentioned is the one that puts up a warning message on the database entry that says that this system has been rebanded. I would assume that the software looks for the presence of this flag, and upon seeing that, changes the bank (in your case) type and causes the rebanding table to be loaded. If your version of ARC250 doesn't do this, then it's time for an upgrade, which as I understand it, is free from the BuTel website

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.