BCD436HP Tone-out feature not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
I set up the tone-out feature with 5 different 2-tone combinations on the same frequency but nothing ever happens on the scanner when any of the tone sets go out. I don't see any on/off selection so I assume tone-out is always on when the scanner is on. Anybody have experience with this?

KC2JS

Feed Provider
I am pretty sure you have to be in "Fire Tone Out" mode. At least you did in the older models. I have not played with it yet on the 436.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Correct, you must be sitting in the 'Tone Out Standby' mode, and then you can choose to hold on one of the tone sets you pre-programmed, or scan for the tones in real-time while sitting on the frequency.

You cannot scan tone-outs & favorite lists/main database at the same time.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Correct, you must be sitting in the 'Tone Out Standby' mode, and then you can choose to hold on one of the tone sets you pre-programmed, or scan for the tones in real-time while sitting on the frequency.

You cannot scan tone-outs & favorite lists/main database at the same time.

I had a feeling that favorites and tone-out couldn't be scanned at the same time. I won't be using it since I don't want to scan just tone-outs.

Thanks for your help.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You would need two receivers in order to monitor the channel for tones and scan at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.