RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 11:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That's really weird because when I click on it it takes me to a single post where he says factory load firmware is bad firmware. ...

Anyway, see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
It is certainly possible to affect reception by firmware. The attenuation status, for example, is driven by programming. As are band filter switching and I'm sure other things. But, none of that would be subtle and all would be noticed by everyone, not just a few.

No way to back up the firmware that is in the scanner. Factory load is bad firmware. You wouldn't be able to program DQKs, for example. Many other changes made to add and improve features.

Looking to release new firmware to address some of the other reported issues within a week.
Sponsored links

Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thank you that's what I was looking for thanks a lot appreciate it

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

NP glad to help.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPDAUX View Post
@Upman I received my new 436 yesterday and I've been using it and I like that it's working fine I have not updated the firmware still using original firmware that was shipped do you highly recommend that I update from right now or can I wait until there is a more updated version like a third version instead of doing the second version.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...fferences.html

I believe that posts #11, 16, & 19 have what you want.

One of the posts mentions that Uniden at that point could not document any change in receive capabilities after the firmware update to the latest from the original factory firmware.

In addition, there are people who have compared their receive capabilities before and after firmware update and in general many have not found any significant degradation in receive capabilities on the systems they were monitoring. However, some claim they have had significant changes in receive capabilities, perhaps it is only on certain systems?

This coming week an even newer firmware update may be out so you will have another decision to make to update the firmware or not. I believe they are cumulative so if you wait it should be OK AFAIK.
Old 02-17-2014, 6:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0UDG View Post
http://forums.radioreference.com/uni...fferences.html

I believe that posts #11, 16, & 19 have what you want.

One of the posts mentions that Uniden at that point could not document any change in receive capabilities after the firmware update to the latest from the original factory firmware.

In addition, there are people who have compared their receive capabilities before and after firmware update and in general many have not found any significant degradation in receive capabilities on the systems they were monitoring. However, some claim they have had significant changes in receive capabilities, perhaps it is only on certain systems?

This coming week an even newer firmware update may be out so you will have another decision to make to update the firmware or not. I believe they are cumulative so if you wait it should be OK AFAIK.
Well lets hope Uniden will let us revert to previous firmware and not lock us in.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2014, 8:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

A lot of information I just checked my scanner and I'm still using the 1 .0 1.01 which apparently we're supposed to be a bad *** firmware but its still working fine on my radio don't know what to do but I believe it's not broken don't fix it