Uniden 436 and 536 firmware discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPDAUX

@Upman I received my new 436 yesterday and I've been using it and I like that it's working fine I have not updated the firmware still using original firmware that was shipped do you highly recommend that I update from right now or can I wait until there is a more updated version like a third version instead of doing the second version.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
@Upman I received my new 436 yesterday and I've been using it and I like that it's working fine I have not updated the firmware still using original firmware that was shipped do you highly recommend that I update from right now or can I wait until there is a more updated version like a third version instead of doing the second version.

I can't speak for Uniden, but I'm sure their official stance will be always use the latest firmware available...but I could be wrong.

NYPDAUX

Only reason I was asking was I had read some forms here I'm not sure what the title was but withj people were saying they were wanting to go back to the original firmware because they were having problems with the second version and that's why I'm hesitating.

whsbuss

Only reason I was asking was I had read some forms here I'm not sure what the title was but withj people were saying they were wanting to go back to the original firmware because they were having problems with the second version and that's why I'm hesitating.

The reports of some say the latest firmware degraded P25 digital decoding.

NYPDAUX

@whsbuss which radio do you have the base of the portable and did you upgrade to the second version and maybe had to downgrade back to the first

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

NYPDAUX

Is there anyone out there that like to discuss firmware I like to get it the big going s2 should we wait for version 3 or install version 2 me myself I'm staying with the original version that came with the radio to 436 and I just like to get feedback from the people on the forum thank you

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Im still using the original firmware. Im of the mindset if it aint broke, dont fix it. Have not noticed any issues.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP was running fine and after reading UpMan's post that the original firmware was "bad". I went ahead and updated it and lost the ability to monitor a couple surrounding counties. With Uniden not offering a way to revert back to the original firmware or giving us a date on future firmware I went ahead and sent mine back.

NYPDAUX

Really sorry to hear that I have not updated mine since I've gotten it 3 days ago it still has the original firmware its been working great this is why if they see if it's not broken don't fix it I know he said that the original firmware was bad but I couldn't find anything wrong with mine

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I can't speak for Uniden, but I'm sure their official stance will be always use the latest firmware available...but I could be wrong.

Pretty comical, since UPMan said the original firmware is "bad firmware". His words, not mine ;)

Uniden - get your act together :roll:

NYPDAUX

This is my posting from yesterday the 15th

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
On the one hand, Paul has already publicly proclaimed that original firmware is bad firmware.

On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that their NEW hardware creates new problems - in other words, it's also bad firmware.

Seems like we need an official UPMan post clarifying this to end all the speculation.

NYPDAUX

Went looking for that posting could not find it I agree with you but it would be nice if you can find it and re post it here

NYPDAUX

If you can find the original post I would appreciate it if you could re posted here

NYPDAUX

The one where up mean state the software the original software shipment radio was no good

NYPDAUX

When I click on the link you posted it takes me to a subject call New York systems

Status
Not open for further replies.