Programming an old BC560xlt???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILbandit

I've never seen one until today, Does anyone know how to program the freqs. into on of these? (BC 560 xlt).:confused:

It shows numberes 1 - 16 on the screen when turned on, but doesn't show any actual frequencies, the screen isn't any bigger than 2 digits wide.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Joe

I had one of these in my earlier days - really nice little scanner in the days before trunking and APCO-25.

It is the same scanner as Radio Shack's PRO-2025 16-Channel Direct Entry Programmable Scanner

PROGRAMMING CHANNELS
1. Turn on your scanner by turning the volume clockwise.
2. The scanner might start scanning. If so, press MANUAL to stop the scanning.
3. Enter the channel number that you want to program and press MANUAL.
4. Enter a frequency including the decimal point. The decimal point shows up on the display as a -- (dash).
5. Press Enter to store the frequency.
6. To confirm the proper entry, press REVIEW. The programmed frequency appears on the display one digit at a time.
7. To program more channels repeat steps 3-5

ILbandit

I was doing it for a friend that brought it to me. Programmed it last night. Seems to work real well. It's an oldie, but works great. Thanks again for the info!

I was given a BC560XLT by a friend. However he no longer had the users manual. I have had my scanner set up at my desk for months and through tinkering I was able to program a couple local frequencies but, until I found this thread, was unaware of how to actually program it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.