Not open for further replies.

ddicomputers

Were can I get the software for my MR 8100
the MR 8100 programer from GFC Software will not work
Do I need uniden software scan.exe
if so were can I get it?
Help I'm lost

hydrolocked

I actually had most of a labview app written to program the MR8100... only issue was parsing the text tag in order to "compress" it uniden style. ended up giving up on it, but I thought GFC was supposed to release a windows based programmer that didnt depend on the scan.exe file...

ddicomputers

Thanks

Thanks pro92b I got it but I can't get the MR8100 and the laptop to shake hands
I'm using A 9 pin to 9 pin cable RS232 cable
I will try another cable

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
From the PC Manual it looks like you might need a null modem adapter.

Edit: GFC's troubleshooting document says the Uniden document is wrong and a null modem cable should not be used. They specify a straight one to one cable. I don't have a MR8100 and cannot test this. I think the Uniden program only works on COM 1. Also it might only run properly in real DOS. Fast computers could be a liability on a program as old as scan.exe.

Last edited:

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Actually I was thinking more in terms of a Pentium class machine, maybe 150 MHz. Let us know how it goes with the 750 MHz PC.

hydrolocked

Since the "windows based" program is just a fancy front end for the dos program, i never found a real use for it.

I use a straight through cable with a GENDER CHANGER (not null modem adaptor!)
Com1 (i think)

on a faster computer... it seemed to work fine.

One of these days, i'll find a labview guru who can help with the parsing/compression of the text, and i might have something functional!

kool371

Hi I just aquried a MR-8100 I have spent about 30 mins seaching for a manual and found one on mods.dk but I cant find what I need to know in it. I know that there are 3 power wires and after a little testing I know the red is hot and Black and Green are negitive wires. what I need to know is what each negitive wire is.I am asuming black is the ground and green I am just guessing is toretain memory. can someone please tell me if I have it right for the Green and black wires and also how many channels this holds.

thanks

hai_akeeba

Mr8100 was designed for Police use. The green wire was to mute the scanner speaker when the two way radio microphone was lifted from its hook. One hundred channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.