RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Thread Archives

Uniden Thread Archives A depository of archived threads from the original Uniden forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochff21
Actually, I'm glad I did wait for it. They now have the 396 "Like New" for $419.99. That's cheaper than the coupon anyway, so I am still in. Just wish I could have used it now.
I BEG TO DIFFER....

If you scroll back through the pages of this thread, you'll find where I ordered my 396t NEW and total before shipping was $408.00 With 21 dollar 2nd day delivery my grand total was $429.

Last edited by nexus; 10-23-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

AS OF OCTOBER 19TH THE NEWS25 CODE IS NO LONGER VALID

Maybe next time?
Old 10-23-2007, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus
I BEG TO DIFFER....

If you scroll back through the pages of this thread, you'll find where I ordered my 396t NEW and total before shipping was $408.00 With 21 dollar 2nd day delivery my grand total was $429.
I guess you are right, if in fact I got the full 25% and not just the $120.00 they stated. I ordered mine yesterday "Like New" with $21 2nd day delivery for $440.99 shipped. That's still not a bad deal, even without a coupon. Now only if it was still in effect, I could have got this one for less than $350!
Old 10-23-2007, 9:40 PM

Received my BCT-15 Monday. BN. Shipped (2nd day FedEx) to my door. $197.99 Gonna make a nice Xmas gift for my dad. Would loved to have scored a 396T but no digital in my area. Yet.

My Humble Shack
(2) Uniden BCT-15 (2) RS Pro-97
Butel ARC15, Win97, Bearcat ESP-20 Ext. Speaker
ST2 Scantenna, RS 20-032, RS 20-176, RS 800MHz, Diamond RH77CA, Wilson 301111 Yagi
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 PM

I just got the last 2 like news for friends!! didnt try the coupon but 419.99... cant beat that.
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Since I started this thread and dragged my feet till the code expired, I will post an update. I emailed Uniden asking them if they could process an order with the coupon even though it had expired. I just received a response from them with an order # and amount. ($426.38) I believe the order # was generated when I tested the code, but I'm not sure about that. So you might try emailing presales@uniden.com and see what they say about it. I'm waiting to hear back from Uniden on how to proceed from here to pay for the order.

EDIT: Well apparently I must have entered my credit card at the time I was testing, but never finished the order. I just checked my account online and $426.38 had been taken out. So the price of the scanner was $408.38 and shipping was $18.00.

Last edited by k9swx; 10-24-2007 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Nice!

Todd/Indy
Old 10-24-2007, 12:59 PM

I tried emailing the address that Uniden supplied in an email about an order that wasn't confirmed and they never did respond, so I ordered the 396. $440 with shipping, still saved $100.

V
Old 10-24-2007, 1:51 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Does this discount imply that sales are not going well for Uniden?

I've supported them with several scanners in the past and I don't need another 396T.

Maybe this is a buy old product (new product due any day?) tactic?

I so love my 396T except the blue. Sent off a message to Uniden about replacing the black text on blue to black text on "legal pad" yellow. They never replied.

So for the 25% deals for new users, it's a tough call.

I didn't get an email with this offer, just their piece of crap "newsletter." Are we talking about the same sales piece Uniden called a newsletter?

I began a thread on that "newsletter" weeks ago but it died out pretty fast.

Andy
Scannist
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2007, 9:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomeranger
Does this discount imply that sales are not going well for Uniden?
Probably not.
Quote:
I've supported them with several scanners in the past and I don't need another 396T.
There's always eBay.
Quote:
Maybe this is a buy old product (new product due any day?) tactic?
Possibly, but I don't really care right now. I need a digital scanner as our city / state police has gone digital. The 396T will suit me just fine.
Quote:
I so love my 396T except the blue. Sent off a message to Uniden about replacing the black text on blue to black text on "legal pad" yellow. They never replied.
Yellow? Might be easier to buy some yellow LEDs and mod it yourself.
Quote:
So for the 25% deals for new users, it's a tough call.
Well it's too late now anyway, the deal is dead unless you can sweet talk the sales people into giving you the discount.
Quote:
I didn't get an email with this offer, just their piece of crap "newsletter." Are we talking about the same sales piece Uniden called a newsletter?
I'd received some email about a new newsletter and I had to sign back up for it. When I did that, that's when I received the 25% coupon code.
Old 10-25-2007, 3:43 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I'd received some email about a new newsletter and I had to sign back up for it. When I did that, that's when I received the 25% coupon code.
And the rest of us benefited from it! THANKS....
Old 10-25-2007, 5:34 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just got my fedex tracking # and the scanner will be here on Friday!!! It looks like I'll have a new toy to play with this weekend.
Old 10-25-2007, 5:38 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Good deal... I've been enjoying my new "396" toy since I found your thread. Glad I acted on it because I was ready to buy one. I saved nearly 100 dollars. In fact I'm at work sitting here listening to everything on it right now. It does really good on picking up 800mhz trunking.
Old 10-26-2007, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9swx
Since I started this thread and dragged my feet till the code expired, I will post an update. I emailed Uniden asking them if they could process an order with the coupon even though it had expired. I just received a response from them with an order # and amount. ($426.38) I believe the order # was generated when I tested the code, but I'm not sure about that. So you might try emailing presales@uniden.com and see what they say about it. I'm waiting to hear back from Uniden on how to proceed from here to pay for the order.
I took your lead and e-mailed this address to ask about the coupon's expiration. The reply I got back today said that they were sorry for the confusion and would be crediting $104.99 back to my credit card. That makes the total for this scanner $315!! You can't beat a $230 price difference from the New model. I'm really glad I went ahead and ordered it. The "Like New" 396's are all gone already.
Old 10-26-2007, 6:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I just got my fedex tracking # and the scanner will be here on Friday!!! It looks like I'll have a new toy to play with this weekend.
Of course this was too good to be true. Fedex guy showed up today but without my 396. Apparently that truck got delayed or something and got to the processing facility too late to be delivered. I called them and they said they're not opened on the weekends so I would have to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Argh!!! Oh well, I guess that will give me time to find all of my frequencies and put them into ARC396.
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2007, 6:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochff21
I took your lead and e-mailed this address to ask about the coupon's expiration. The reply I got back today said that they were sorry for the confusion and would be crediting $104.99 back to my credit card. That makes the total for this scanner $315!! You can't beat a $230 price difference from the New model. I'm really glad I went ahead and ordered it. The "Like New" 396's are all gone already.
Wow, what an awesome deal! Congrats man, glad it worked out! Uniden seems very helpful with this coupon code, so I'd encourage others to try emailing them and see what happens. 'Kira' was very helpful in getting my order processed with the coupon.
Old 10-27-2007, 2:36 PM

$606 shipped w/o coupon... Going to have to wait a bit long to order an APCO capable scanner.
Old 10-27-2007, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Of course this was too good to be true. Fedex guy showed up today but without my 396. Apparently that truck got delayed or something and got to the processing facility too late to be delivered. I called them and they said they're not opened on the weekends so I would have to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Argh!!! Oh well, I guess that will give me time to find all of my frequencies and put them into ARC396.

You should get a redund on the shipping id you paid for 2nd day or next day.

V
Old 10-27-2007, 3:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper43
You should get a redund on the shipping id you paid for 2nd day or next day.
Unfortunately it was just Fedex Ground, so I doubt they will refund shipping costs for that. Tracking now shows it out for delivery 'the next business day' LOL. Argh! At least my rechargeable AA batteries arrived today, so I can get those ready for Monday.
Old 10-27-2007, 4:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
$606 shipped w/o coupon... Going to have to wait a bit long to order an APCO capable scanner.
You can get them cheaper than that on other websites. I'd still encourage emailing presales@uniden.com and asking them if they will still honor the code for you. The worst that will happen is they say no.