BCD996T Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dosster

Hello Everyone,

I’m in need of some assistance programming my BCD996T. My set-up is a BCD996T With a Diamond RH77CA antenna. I am trying to set up the Minnesota ARMER system, using BCTOOL.

Here’s my set-up

*System
Motorola Type 2
ACPO Threshold = Auto

*Sites
I have imported all the sites and frequencies from RR.
Type = Motorola P25
Modulation = Auto
ACPO Threshold = Auto
No Band Plan Entered

*Groups
I have entered some groups and have the proper TGIG assigned.

I have tried Search and Scan.

Now the problem

I will get full signal bars when it is going through the sites but no Audio. I set up a log and let it run all night and I got lots of hit from the few closest towers, but it displayed no Audio.

When I use the MN programming that came with the 996, I’m receiving fine, everything seems to work.

I download the original programming into BCTOOL and all the settings in my new program seem to match.

There has to be something that I’m missing or doing wrong. Please help me get audio :)

All help will be greatly appreciated

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Check to make sure the AUTO threshold setting is set to 0. It is normally optimized within a range of 6-11...if it is set to "0" no digital will get decoded, and even analog channels will "look" to the scanner like data but can't be decoded.

Dosster

The auto threshold is set to Auto, 8. (I believe this is the way the original program was set) I have also tried it set to Auto, 0.

TintesB

Feed Provider
Same Problem

I just baught the BCD996T I have used the BC796D for a few years now with now problem, But with the 996T I am not getting any audio or very broken audio.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Tintes, it sounds like you have programmed a frequency for a system that's using digital audio as an analog frequency. What system are you trying to program? Our database has lots of data...

Anyway, if you're just starting out, there's an Easier to Read manual for the 996, and most seem to be programming with software such as BCTool and Freescan (both freeware, and you can download data from the database into the software- something the UASD cannot do without an external program such as Excel...)

(Anything in blue - or in the case of the wiki, underlined - is a link)

This wiki article has links to all of that, and much more...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD996T

You might also see if someone has a UASD (or a file for BCTool or Freescan) for your area in your state's forum (both freeware packages can import UASD files). There are also numerous Yahoo based scanning email lists that, depending on how they're set up, may also have files....

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/US_Scanning_Mailing_Lists

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.