Search for girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler1653

I have heard traffic on Tac 1, Tac 2, SL Region, Air 2 all relating to the search for a missing little girl. Anyone know how they split up things like this? Do they use each channel for a different purpose?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Amber Alert Utah

ATTENTION: There is an Amber Alert in your area.
Please CLICK HERE to find out more information.

Missing From: 2232 South 460 East South, Salt Lake City, UT
Missing Date: 3/31/2008 12:00 AM

801-840-4000

Circumstances: 7 year-old child was last seen at 2232 South 460 East, walking eastbound towards 500 East.

Missing Child Name: Hser Ner Moo
Hair Color: Blk Eye Color: Brn
Skin Color: Asian Age: 7
Height: 3'08 Weight: 45 lbs
Description: Pink dress, black crock shoes, possibly wearing black burmese coat, missing two front teeth

Utah_Viper

My team was activated at 2200 last night. We responded and had a overnight search with over 120 volunteers. After the searches ended we stayed to ready for today. In the morning the AG's Office newly formed C.A.R.T. (Child Abduction Recovery Team) was brought in. Incident Command was passed formally to them. Destiny Search stayed on to work with the volunteer coordination. We had Over 1000 searchers come today to help. The search center finally stood down at 2000 tonight. We will reactivate in the morning at 0800. However the Law Enforcement teams will continue overnight. I saw 4 K9s arrive on my way out so probably some action tonight.

Communications: Every Agency imaginable is o/s. I do not know the exact comm plan Today around 1200 we activated the SLCo ARES who are using 146.880. Also the CERT team were on a 800mHz radio.

I ask that if ANY of you can come help please do. not only do we need searchers but also people that can do good work helping in the center. The center is located at 2290 So. 300 E. in a LDS Stake Center

Anywho..... after 22 hours on duty, and 32 hours awake its nap time. I will be back to searching at 0800. I will try to update again tomorrow.

Last edited:

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Amber Alert Cancelled

CANCELLED AMBER ALERT:Salt Lake City,UT CHILD:7 Asian F 3'08 45 lbs Eyes:Brn Hair:Blk, last seen walking Eastbound at 2232 South 460 East, CALL 801-840-4000

qlajlu

Silent Key
According to preliminary news reports she was found in another apartment within 100 feet of her own. Three men have been taken into custody but details are not being released just yet.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Deseret News Info

Desert News Breaking News Edition:

Breaking news
» Police: Body at South Salt Lake apartment complex identified as missing girl

SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police confirmed late Tuesday of finding the body of 7-year-old Hser Nay Moo in the bathroom of an apartment in the same South Salt Lake complex where the girl and her family lived.
Lt. Bob Shober of West Jordan said several people had been taken into police custody and officers have called for Burmese-speaking interpreters to assist with police interviews.

Officials from the Salt Lake County Attorney's Office were also on scene at the South Parc Townhomes complex, 2248 S. 440 East, gathering information for the case.

Moo had been reported missing since Monday afternoon. Hundreds of volunteers joined law enforcers Tuesday to search for the 7-year-old girl, who was last seen about 2 p.m. Monday at her apartment. She was drawing with her 10-year-old brother and the two got into an argument, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller. A baby sitter was also in the apartment at the time.

Moo was upset and left the apartment and began walking on 500 East. When the children's parents got home, however, she still had not returned. By 6:30 p.m. Monday, concerned neighbors called police.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Suspect Arrested in Case of Missing Girl

KUTV News Story

Five men were detained as suspects yesterday in this case.

SOUTH SALT LAKE – A suspect has been arrested in the death of a 7-year-old girl at an apartment complex in South Salt Lake City.

According to the probable cause statement, Esar Met, 21, “admitted to attempting to confine the victim to the residence by force, resulting in her death.”

The statement indicates that Esar Met also “admitted to attempting to conceal the body and other forensic evidence”.

Esar Met is one of five suspects taken from the apartment complex Tuesday night. He was booked in the Salt Lake County Jail on aggravated murder and child kidnapping charges.

The body of Hser Nay Moo was found Tuesday, more than 24 hours after she disappeared from her family's apartment in South Salt Lake.

Police say the body showed evidence of trauma.

<snip>
PDF copy of Probable Cause Statement

Last edited:

KD7DDC

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to bring back a post from way back but came across this while doing some research. Destiny Search Project is back and we are now nationwide! We are currently looking for Virtual Support Team members.

On a side note... I moved to much so changed to my callsign only instead of by location

Utah_Viper = KC7NEC

Damon

KD7DDC

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to bring back a post from way back but came across this while doing some research. Destiny Search Project is back and we are now nationwide! We are currently looking for Virtual Support Team members.

On a side note... I moved to much so changed to my callsign only instead of by location

Utah_Viper = KC7NEC

Damon

Status
Not open for further replies.