RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Utah Radio Discussion Forum

Utah Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Utah.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 6:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by imustbrussian View Post
i was wondering if anyone knew frequencies for 1. Roy city police also ogden city they would be much appreciated
Roy PD and Ogden PD may have gone to UCAN net
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2010, 7:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default reband freq

am picking up traffic on 852.7000.cannot get it in sharp reception.skipping and hissing with all tranmissions have done frequency step adjust and frequency mode adjust.no improvement in signal reception.believe it to be a UCAN frequency very active.using Bearcat 9000xlt .any suggestions for signal improvement.
Old 12-13-2011, 8:18 AM

I've visited the utahradio.org site and find it quite an amazing place for information. There is one large piece of information missing imho .....information about Weber County and Box Elder Counties.

I find it hard to believe there are no radio/scanner enthusiasts in these two counties other than myself.

The UCAN Trunk in Utah is one of the hardest radio systems to understand even for those of us who have been monitoring the airwaves for years.

What needs to be done to start up "regions" Weber and Box Elder on the site?
Old 12-18-2011, 2:48 AM

There are categories set up for Weber and Box Elder. There just aren't any pages in there. If you'd like to PM me, I can give you one-on-one guidance for setting up wiki pages.

Category:Weber County - UtahRadio
Category:Box Elder County - UtahRadio

The likelihood of anyone besides you creating new content for Weber and Box Elder county is pretty low. Here are a few ideas:

* Take pictures of agency vehicles and post them to that area. Here is an example:
Salt Lake City Fire - UtahRadio

* Create google earth maps of interesting transmitter and repeater locations.

* Post images of any radio related sites.

* Create basic "how-to" listening guides for the counties.

* Organize a "meet-up" with other listeners in the area.

Just a few ideas, there are many more. I hope you'll consider tackling one or two of them.
Old 12-20-2011, 6:43 AM

Will consider your offer right after the first of next year when things calm down around my place.

I have scattered bits and pieces of information and there is very limited (up to date) information about
how Weber & Box Elder run their systems. I am trying to make sense of it all but it is a bit daunting!

The most recent scanners I purchased were pre 2002 Olympics when they were just launching this whole UCAN thing. I listened to the Pro-2066 in my car until rebanding and had no idea what was going on and there was no information on the internet to help. After rebanding all my scanners were useless but digging through a box in the storage room a few months ago I decided to revive all my scanners and give it one last shot to see if I can make sense of all this crap. So far all I have for my time is an empty bottle of pain reliever!!

I have an iSCAN 107 which I purchased about 18 months ago - this has just led to more confusion and headaches. Sure I can hear bits and pieces of many different conversations during the day. If I get up at 2 am I can follow individual conversations without loosing too much. Even with 7 scanners running in the room I can barely follow much of anything. The long explanation is just a way to say when I contribute I want to contribute accurate information not just junk!

Paul
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2012, 7:34 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Right now we have the rebanding instructions for Win500 cataloged in our wiki here;

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

However this introduces a bit of fragmentation - it makes it harder to find this topic when you really would expect to find this in the Win500 User Guide.

Since I don't have that software, I'm wondering if someone could copy the instructions from the above article, and add screenshots from the most recent version of Win500? A pointer can then be substituted in the above article to go to the user guide.

I will take care of cleaning up the article we have here once this is done

TIA Mike
Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Oops - my bad. The instructions are already in the Win500 guide...never mind

mea culpa...Mike
Old 11-14-2013, 6:31 PM

I want to make an account for the wiki site. where is they guy i need to get in contact with for the code i need to enter to make a wiki account?
Old 11-14-2013, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00se View Post
I want to make an account for the wiki site. where is they guy i need to get in contact with for the code i need to enter to make a wiki account?
Try sending a PM (Private Message) to ryanisflyboy, he will help you out.

Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2013, 9:25 PM

I have sent a PM to m00se. You only need an account on the wiki to make edits. So few people make edits, and so many spammers try to gain access, it seemed wise to make it difficult to get an account.
Old 11-14-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanisflyboy View Post
I have sent a PM to m00se. You only need an account on the wiki to make edits. So few people make edits, and so many spammers try to gain access, it seemed wise to make it difficult to get an account.
Thanks for getting back to m00se.

I would love to see more people from Utah get involved in the site, RadioReference is an excellent site for all interested in Radio/Scanning, but the Utah site could add more local info. Travel info, what's hot for monitoring in certain areas of the state, info on scanner laws, to name a few.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Utah Radio Scanning Group - Wiki/Website

I'd also love to see more people add local information. I've tried to add as I have time, but there are so many other areas/facets to explore on the wiki.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Thanks to ryanisflyboy and Highpockets for the help. I've started to update the SLC fire section, as it has a lot of out of date information.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:58 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Yeah I hear you from Utah. If there were more people that lived in Utah that had the nich for this industry that would be great. I visit up in the Provo area sometimes at least once or twice a year. I have always asked my wife to move to Utah. If I lived there I would sniff out each and every trunk site in the state and run Trunk88 and identify what talkgroups belong to each site. That would be a fun project.

Trunking can be a tough subject to understand and wrap your mind around unless you study it and read and program the right scanner for trunking. I would use no scanner does not have the capacity of trunking analog or digital to follow conversations. You will lose your mind.

Tags