Need help - BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhopper

I've had this scanner for 3 years but don't have the time or patience to utilize it completely. I am most interested in Forest Service stuff but have had UCAN programmed in. Now, it is almost completely silent. I know its been a slow fire season, but there appears to be some other reason. I'm getting nothing at all on UCAN. Is it because of conversion to digital? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to talk to someone who has experience with this specific scanner. Thanks.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
FWIW I have been hearing a fair amount of Forest Service on UCAN lately. TG 39872. Some uh, funny chit chat.
w

qlajlu

Silent Key
I've had this scanner for 3 years but don't have the time or patience to utilize it completely. I am most interested in Forest Service stuff but have had UCAN programmed in. Now, it is almost completely silent. I know its been a slow fire season, but there appears to be some other reason. I'm getting nothing at all on UCAN. Is it because of conversion to digital? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to talk to someone who has experience with this specific scanner. Thanks.

FWIW I have been hearing a fair amount of Forest Service on UCAN lately. TG 39872. Some uh, funny chit chat.
w

Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com​

rockhopper​

Yeah, it sounds like an update is needed so you can catch the rebanded frequencies. Like wbloss, I, too, have been hearing some "interesting" stuff on TG 39872.

Follow Rolfman's instructions and get the update and then we can help you get back into the swing of things.

In the meantime, please return to your User CP (the left side of the second blue bar from the top of any page if you are logged in) and narrow down your location. We're all for Utah. We'd like to see your city, but how about at least the county you are in. Makes it easier for us to help you and it is just a courtesy shown to the rest of us who are displaying our locations.

Rolfman

You are not indicating if you are using software to program with or just manual. If you were using ARC software there is also an update for that which supports the additional band plan table you need for the re-banded systems.

Once you get that update installed you will have to reprogram the UCAN system as a re-banded system with that new band plan as mentioned in the Uniden Update link I previously posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.