UCAN Programming Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

canoeboater

Premium Subscriber
I am headed to SLC for a week and would like to do some listening while I'm there. I have a Radio Shack Pro 197 radio.

I am trying to pull in the UCAN frequencies from the database using Win500 software. The database shows 43 sites and 43 talkgroup groups.

I can get the talkgroups OK, but there is no associated Trunking System Objects. I assume this means I need to pull in the sites as well.

Problem is that when I try to pull in the sites, I get the following error message:

"You've selected 83 system frequencies, 68 of which are unique. The maximum in a single TSYS object is 32. 'Extra' selected frequencies will not be imported. Do you want to import anyway?"

Does this mean I need to de-select some of the sites and import only a portion of them? If so, which ones will allow me to hear Public Safety channels in the SLC area?

Thanks in advance for the help.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Yup...

The GREs have enough space to hold all of the TGs (that is why I bought mine). But they can not hold all of the sites on the system.

To cover the SLC area you will want to make sure you get Site 3 and Site 11. 11 is mostly a smaller version of 3 and will cut out alot of the public works type of talk groups if you are just scanning generally.

Also don't forget the AC33 system or Salt Lake City PD & the Airport. If you want to send me a PM with your email I would be happy to send you my Win500 file.

Status
Not open for further replies.