Utah Alerts hits a milestone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Tonight the Utah Alerts Twitter feed has reached a milestone....

400 Followers!

The lucky 400th follower was none other then Bob Evans of Fox 13 news. with this achievement i created a short survey to get an idea of how the feed is being used, and how we can improve. I also threw a couple ideas that have been thought about, but not yet really looked at in depth.

Anyways, I want to thank everyone that has signed up, and a big special thanks to the dispatchers. i also would like if you all could also take the survey (I have sent it out to the Alerts feed)

Please take a moment and complete this survey: Utah Alerts

Utah_Viper

In one week we collected 25 surveys. After looking over the data i wanted to give an overview of the findings.

Overall most are quite satisfied with the UtahAlerts system. Most people receive the alerts via a Twitter API or Mobile device. people though do get the alerts in many ways.

Most the survey takers are scanner hobbyists but all types were represented including Government, Media, and others. this can also quickly be verified by looking through our followers list.

As to alert types police incidents seems to be the favored. However most want alerts of all types. as one person left a comment "any news worthy events."

looking at the data on the amount of alerts we send we are doing fair, the majority would like to get 4-7 alerts a day. this does not mean we should alert small things but could send some U/D: (updates) and also things we have maybe been skipping. Yesterday an alert was sent for a somewhat minor rollover, it was a good alert though as it included details of the road closures.

The majority are happy with the concise, abbreviated messages. be sure to include as much detail as possible. if the Alert is something that needs a rapid alert then make it short, but send a more detailed followup. While many of the followers may not know the TG's still always include these as this in reality is still a service for OUR community, were just happy to share the information with others.

Now moving forward. Twitter is working well as it does allow many followers to join with out us needing much administration to it. seems that many would be happy to read, and help to start maintaining an alerts page on Utah Radio. I would like something like we have where the feeds are listed, but start adding more details to each alert. Pictures, Video, news links thing like that.

I think an Alerts Portal page that allows users to dispatch, update alerts, possibly a online scanner that could be locked to TG's that an alert is on.

Overall the alerts feed is doing great!! I again thank everyone for the efforts. If I could please have each dispatcher send me a PM I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.