Mock School Hostage Training Drill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budog

I have been listening to UCAN this afternoon. Allot of interesting stuff going on. One thing is a SWAT Special Ops. going on at a school. It has PD, EMS and Fire involved, I am really hoping this is only a training drill but do not have a trunking scanning mode, so I am only getting bits and pieces.

Budog. KF7DSA.

N7YUO

Has anyone else picked up on this? One of our members rode with West Valley PD and looked at a radio. Every school had an assigned channel. We don't know if they are conventional, 800 or what.
Obviously, in the event of a real school situation, the PD needs to have effective communication with faculty members to be able to assess the situation.

Budog

As I listened further it was a training exercise that played out several scenarios. It was real interesting and exciting to listen to. I know it took place at an elementary school, but I am unsure of what city or district etc. it was in. Chances are good though that it will end up on the evening news. If anyone gets any further info please let us know.

Budog. KF7DSA

LGLHOOK

I did listen to this all day today (7-30-09). It was somewhere in Davis county today and they were using Davis Ops 10 (10976). They were doing scenerios such as, Man with a gun at a school, and student with a gun at school.
Also N7YUO, I have looked at a WV radio and yes they do have a bank labeled "Schools" and have all schools in the Granite School District assigned a TG/channel in the bank, however I have never heard any traffic on those TG's so I don't know if they are patched only in the event of a major incident or how they are used.

Budog

I heard them again on my HT. They were in the 800 MHz. UCAN frequencies for me.

Budog. KF7DSA

Status
Not open for further replies.