local news channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostdog

playing around last night with the scanner & i pick up a local news channel kutv but it was bad rep is there any more out there thanks

N7YUO

Thirty years ago, many of those media freqs were in use. I would tune into them to get breaking news right from the scenes. Within ten years, all activity disappeared. Everyone moved to more secure frequencies. In this age of Nextel, digital cell phones, and Wi-Fi, I doubt there will be any significant activity heard on those old media freqs.

shootinnews

Premium Subscriber
We only use our 2-way to tune in live shots these days. With stations trying to scoop each other daily, we use cell/nextel. So the odds of anyone hearing any juicy info over a 2-way radio these days are slim and none!

shootinnews

Premium Subscriber
Oh, and one other thing. Channel 2 has lost there Helo due to budget cuts, and they aint getting it back so that freq is dead as far as Helo traffic, maybe theyll use it as a back up to tune in live shots or something...

qlajlu

Silent Key
Oh, and one other thing. Channel 2 has lost there Helo due to budget cuts, and they aint getting it back so that freq is dead as far as Helo traffic, maybe theyll use it as a back up to tune in live shots or something...

Their Web site seems to be lacking a lot lately, too. This explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.