Reband question for Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

adkinsjm

I'm traveling to Utah soon and have a Pro-164. I have the 1.7 firmware and the latest ARC-300 with an RR subscription.

Do I have to enter a custom band plan in the software?

walld13

i think you need the band plan program it for the reband to work right i would just to be on the safe side

qlajlu

Silent Key
I'm traveling to Utah soon and have a Pro-164. I have the 1.7 firmware and the latest ARC-300 with an RR subscription.

Do I have to enter a custom band plan in the software?

Thanks for posting here, adkinsjm. We will try to help you as much as possible but there are a few things we are going to have to know first.

1. Where are you coming from?
  2. Where are you traveling to?
  3. What route are you planning to follow?
  4. Has the area you are coming from already rebanded?

It would also help if you would return to your User CP (the left side of the second blue bar from the top of any page if you are logged in) and edit your profile to include your location (city and state) as you were requested to do in the material e-mailed to you when you registered. Once you fill in your location it will automatically show in each of your posts. Many of the questions you will have, and their answers, are going to be location specific and without having your location showing you will be asked over and over again what it is. So fill it in now and be done with it.

adkinsjm

I'm coming from northwest Minnesota where trunking isn't used. I'll be heading to Provo and staying there.

When I upload the frequencies using ARC300, do I just just chose custom band plan in the settings for the bank I want to use? I have an RR subscription, so I don't need the specific frequencies. Just need to know if I need to choose custom band plan for my Pro-164 with 1.07 firmware.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I'm coming from northwest Minnesota where trunking isn't used. I'll be heading to Provo and staying there.

When I upload the frequencies using ARC300, do I just just chose custom band plan in the settings for the bank I want to use? I have an RR subscription, so I don't need the specific frequencies. Just need to know if I need to choose custom band plan for my Pro-164 with 1.07 firmware.

I'm not familiar with the 164 or ARC software, so I'm not sure how it will act when you do an import. Yes, you do need to specify a custom band plan, unless the ARC software picks it up automatically like WIN software does. Everything in the UCAN system has been rebanded.

Again, I ask which routes (highways) you plan to travel (inside Utah) to your destination in Provo because that will determine which trunking Sites in the UCAN system we will recommend you import to your scanner.

adkinsjm

I know people are trying to be helpful, but the question is not being answered. It's drifting to other subjects such as trunking sites. It doesn't matter where I am going in the state, I can change the frequencies as needed.

The answer I am looking for is concerning ARC-300. If I select custom/rebanded in the software, do I also need to click on edit multi tables and manually put in a custom band plan. The wiki on UtahRadio.org concerning custom band plans just mentions the PSR-500/600.

WalkieTalkie

Premium Subscriber
Assistance

Go to this website and download the PSRedit300...it is compatiable with the pro-164 and gives you the option to download the custom band plans automatically. The ARC300 for me is not user friendly. Let me know if you have any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.