Kennecott Sys 6F1A - TG 6400 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
This TG has been extremely active this morning (Sunday, 9-27-2009). I believe this to be some kind of Talk Around Channel (TAC) because I have heard "Control" and "Production" like we are used to hearing the PD when they talk to one another or to dispatch. In other words, "Production, Control, are you ready?" That type of radio communication. There has been a lot of chatter about moving shovels and dumping trucks near or over a berm...calls for the cable crew...that type of thing.

TG name? ...anyone?

walld13

kennacott

when i used to listen to this system i had it named production control it was not a talk a round but more
like a talk group i think it should be called production control or dispatch

Rolfman

Seems to me all their big shovels in the pit are electric. So when they get moved there are electricians that have to un-hook and re-hook them up to the power. That could be your cable crew. So maybe this is some “control channel” for pit operations?

LGLHOOK

If they are using "Production Control" on this TG, it is Channel 1 on the radios which is "Mine Operations". The shovels in the pit are electric, but they have a seperate channel for the electricians. The just have to work with production control to shut down a shovel and let them know when it is back in service. Most all of the mine ops (blasts, haul truck traffic, shovel traffic, etc.) will be on the "Mine Operations" channel. I remember the channel names to be:
Mine Operations
Water Services
Road and Dump
Crusher
Security
Electricians
Emergency
Foremans??
Barneys Canyon??
I dont remember the TG ID's for all the channels, and I have not monitored this system for quite some time. I will have to see if I can find my notes for this system. I had them all id'ed at one time.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I dont remember the TG ID's for all the channels, and I have not monitored this system for quite some time. I will have to see if I can find my notes for this system. I had them all id'ed at one time.

I keep hoping to see that LGLHOOK has found his list and posted it. So far, no such luck. Darn.

kd7rto

I keep hoping to see that LGLHOOK has found his list and posted it. So far, no such luck. Darn.
Indeed. Monitoring most of the transmissions on these systems would be some pretty dry listening, but knowing that emergency channel might be useful.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Kennecott System

If one of you can submit or send me the in-use frequencies for the Kennecott System I can add it to the DB. Then we can add TGs as they're identified.

RR policy is that we only need a general use of a TG to add it to the DB. We don't need to know the exact entity.

-Tim

qlajlu

Silent Key
If one of you can submit or send me the in-use frequencies for the Kennecott System I can add it to the DB. Then we can add TGs as they're identified.

RR policy is that we only need a general use of a TG to add it to the DB. We don't need to know the exact entity.

-Tim

I will defer this to kd7rto, gldavis, or LGLHOOK since these guys have spent hours and/or days sniffing out the frequencies, etc.

LGLHOOK

Wait no longer, I have found it.
Here are the TG's that I have confirmed for the 6F1A:
6400- Mine Ops
6560- Water Services
6720- Field Maint.
6880- Mechanics
7040- Drill & Blast
7360- Crusher
7520- Ore Control
7680- Harper (Contractor)
8480- So. Area Water

I have been using Control Channel: 936.95000

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Kennecott System 6F1A

What type of system is this? What voice channels are active?

The license is for Kennecott Utah Copper LLC (WPLG245).

-Tim

qlajlu

Silent Key
What type of system is this? What voice channels are active?

The license is for Kennecott Utah Copper LLC (WPLG245).

-Tim

I can see your problem. The best I can tell you to do is visit kd7rto's Radio Page and scroll down to Active Northern Utah 900 MHz trunking systems. Click on the system IDs and Gary has the frequencies nicely laid out right there. On system 5219 I found 973.0000 to be the CC and on 6F1A, 936.9500 had the duty. I was not able to monitor system 7031 from my house.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Kennecott Copper (6F1A)

Thanks Brent. I added the system Kennecott Copper (6F1A) to the DB with KD7RTO's frequency list and the TGs listed by LGLHOOK. Thanks to both of you. Let me know if anything needs to be corrected or added.

-Tim

I can see your problem. The best I can tell you to do is visit kd7rto's Radio Page and scroll down to Active Northern Utah 900 MHz trunking systems. Click on the system IDs and Gary has the frequencies nicely laid out right there. On system 5219 I found 973.0000 to be the CC and on 6F1A, 936.9500 had the duty. I was not able to monitor system 7031 from my house.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber

U confirm the 973.000 or is it 937.000

qlajlu

Silent Key
U confirm the 973.000 or is it 937.000

Thank you, Enos, I kinda fat fingered that one. It is 937.0000. Fortunately, this system has not yet been added to the Db by theaton.

theaton, is there a reason that system 5219 wasn't added when you put in 6F1A? I can't confirm any TGs on 5219 other than Security (TGID 2400), but I'll just about bet that all the TGs from 6F1A are recognized on that system as well.

kd7rto

but I'll just about bet that all the TGs from 6F1A are recognized on that system as well.

That's a very reasonable assumption, however if you compare the talkgroups heard on the three systems, you only find a few that are carried on more than one site.

1600 detected on all 3 systems.
2400 (security) detected on all 3 systems.
2560 detected on all 3 systems, but with a very low hit count.

5600 is by far the most active tg on sys 5219, with 6596 hits while I was monitoring. The next most active tg is 176, with 607 hits. I also detected tg 5600 on sys 7031, but with only 37 hits while I was monitoring. That's opposed to the most active tg 800, with 579 hits.

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
theaton, is there a reason that system 5219 wasn't added when you put in 6F1A? I can't confirm any TGs on 5219 other than Security (TGID 2400), but I'll just about bet that all the TGs from 6F1A are recognized on that system as well.

I like doing things a step at a time to see how much trouble I get in. :)

If the TGs are shared between "systems," maybe we should list these "systems" merely as different sites on the same system. Any thoughts? Are the same transmissions ever broadcast over more than one system at the same time?

-Tim

qlajlu

Silent Key
My Take...

Not being all that "tekkie" with radios and whatnot, I do have a theory. I don't think they are different sites on the same system because they have different SYSIDs. I think that all the TGs may be common between systems, but due to the physical terrain, some TGs are not "heard" on one or two of the others. TGs such as Security, however, are global TGs. Some of those TGs are just used in a confined area because of the type of operations they support either in the mine, the refining, or smelting process so they probably never interact with the other systems. Of course, it could be they are not meant to be heard on the other systems, too. Without knowing the setup from the inside, how do you determine this?

I know that this "insight" probably does not help in making a decision, but in my feeble mind it explains the disparity. :D

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I've been listening for a while now and have the following:

TG
8640 - different users calling Control
7840 - Safety info to drivers/BLAST NOTICE/ALERT, and a word about proper courtesy on the Mine Ops channel.
9424 - assorted vehicle to vehicle comms
7984 - comms make this sound like they believe it is a "private" channel
7200 - "ladderback & brown were flashing"
2560 - Possible EMERGENCY/EMS channel-heard EMS related comms
9120 - "loading the S B." / "Ran into hard spot"
8192 - Alpha units comm checks. Poss SECURITY
8656 - comms about flotation & Brine

I'm not at all familiar with Mine Operations, so a lot of this confuses me.

also heard TG6560 ID'ed as Channel-3
TG6720 sounds like Vehicle Maintenance channel

Last edited:

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Kennecott TRS

I added the other two Kennecott systems to the DB along with any TGs I've received. Thanks to all contributers. Send me any corrections or additions.

Sorry I've been slow on the submissions lately. We moved to another building at work and it's been crazy. I'm finally caught up though!

-Tim

LGLHOOK

7840 - Safety info to drivers/BLAST NOTICE/ALERT, and a word about proper courtesy on the Mine Ops channel.
I am almost positive that this TG is the "Alert" channel. This channel is designed to broadcast on ALL channels on the system as well as to monitor all channels on this system as well.
2560 - Possible EMERGENCY/EMS channel-heard EMS related comms
This TG is the "Emergency" TG, I ID'ed it on another KUC system, I believe it is one of the common TG's amoung all 3 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.