Question About TG 16416

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
This question is directed at our distinguished members in Box Elder and Cache Counties, and theaton, who is also distinguished. :D

I was browsing through the Utah Database tonight and I found TG 16416 listed twice. Once under Utah Hospitals Talkgroups with a tag of "Brigham City Hospital." I found it again under Cache County Talkgroups with a tag of "Logan Regional Hospital." I also noted that in the Cache County Talkgroups, there was another "Brigham City Hospital" with a TGID of 16192.

My first question: Which is right?

The Cache County Talkgroups also includes Cache Valley Specialty Hospital (16224).

My second question: Shouldn't all these hospitals only be listed under the Utah Hospitals Talkgroups as they were originally grouped instead of by county?

To make it a little easier to understand what I have written I'm putting these TGs in a column format.
Code:
[B][U]TGID[/U][/B]    [B][U]TAG[/U][/B]                               [B][U]WHERE LOCATED IN Db[/U][/B]
16192   Brigham City Hospital             Cache County
16224   Cache Valley Specialty Hospital   Cache County
16416   Logan Regional Hospital           Cache County
16416   Brigham City Hospital             Utah Hospital TGs

Last edited:

gadgetmikey

Brent

The 16416 was in the database for sometime as Brigham and then when Cache joined it was confirmed that it was Logan Regional. They use if mostly when they are in the canyon where cell phone access is not available.

The 16224 TG is programmed into the fire radios as Cache Valley Specialty Hospital even though as I understand it the hospital is not currently equiped with radios. It is there for future use though.

The 16192 TG is also programmed into the Cache radios and listed as Brigham.

So what probably happened is that it was allready in the database as Brigham and just never got deleted when it was submitted as Logan.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I suppose hospital TGs used by only one county should be listed under that county, whereas statewide hospital TGs should be in the state hospital group. Given gadgetmikey's comment I should probably delete 16192 from the state hospital group. Does that sound like the proper solution?

-Tim

Brent

The 16416 was in the database for sometime as Brigham and then when Cache joined it was confirmed that it was Logan Regional. They use if mostly when they are in the canyon where cell phone access is not available.

The 16224 TG is programmed into the fire radios as Cache Valley Specialty Hospital even though as I understand it the hospital is not currently equiped with radios. It is there for future use though.

The 16192 TG is also programmed into the Cache radios and listed as Brigham.

So what probably happened is that it was allready in the database as Brigham and just never got deleted when it was submitted as Logan.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I suppose hospital TGs used by only one county should be listed under that county, whereas statewide hospital TGs should be in the state hospital group. Given gadgetmikey's comment I should probably delete 16192 from the state hospital group. Does that sound like the proper solution?

-Tim

I sure didn't want this to be a grey area. In my mind, a hospital is a hospital. How do you decide if only one county uses it? As far as a specialty hospital, it might be a little more clear cut, more like a specialty clinic, but my personal view is if we are going to have a hospital group, all hospitals should be listed there. Besides, Brigham City is the Box Elder County Seat and yet the hospital is listed in Cache County? And what is the specialty with the Specialty Hospital? Do Idaho residents go there for treatment?

If it were left up to me I would change 16416 to Logan Regional Hospital and put them all in the State Hospital TGs Group.

Then, again, I don't know personally if TG 16192 is an active TG, so all of this might be moot.

Just my 2-cents.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
UCAN Hospital TGs

If it were left up to me I would change 16416 to Logan Regional Hospital and put them all in the State Hospital TGs Group.
Done! This is the most consistent solution. Thanks, as always, qlajlu for your attention to details.

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.