EMS in St. George

Status
Not open for further replies.

daboncanplay

I bought a Pro-97 scanner a couple of years ago, and I was able to receive Fire and EMS comm in St. George on 155.805. I took a couple year break from listening. A week or so ago, I started the scanner up again and found that I no longer receive comm from Fire and EMS. I have searched and searched and programmed numerous frequencies, but I have yet to hear any comm from Fire and EMS, except one time when I was over on the west side and heard a page on 155.4075. I am wondering if they have moved to the UCAN and I am not able to receive the new rebanded frequencies on my Pro-97. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Junior1970

Did you try the fire channel for the St George area 154.160? The Pro 97 will not support rebanding. I unfortunately never made it to Dixie this year so I didn't get a chance to fish out anything new on the Pro 96 or the 2096 even though there are sites either in operation or planned on Big Mountain near Central, Utah Hill and Toquerville Heights. The Webb Hill site is active but K7FYN has only heard AP&P on it as to what was reported earlier. It's listed as St. George, Site 46 I believe, in the database.
It's good to get some folks from the St George area on RR and let me be the first to welcome you. Best thing I can suggest is doing a manual search of the 851 to 860 band and see if there are any new data channels other than what's listed and that may determine the outcome.

Let us know how it goes.

radact

Here is St. George's FRN# 0007230469. Do a ULS search on the FCC site and you'll get a list of everything they're licensed for.

Click on all the callsigns and then the freqs tab and there will be all the freqs they're licensed for. Mostly VHF with a few UHF for paging.

daboncanplay

I'm stupid. I had the EMS frequency set on AM. I am receiving their pages now on 154.16.

I don't want to side track this post, but how do I know I have found a data channel. I get some frequencies that have short fax machine sounds, one after another. Are these data channels?

Thanks for your help.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
851.000-864.9875 or so :)

Data Channel sound like a motor boat noise if they are motorola data chans. The EDACS from Vegas you may hear too it will be simular to the motorboat noise but a higher pitch kinda. The voice channels from any of those non digital and non encryted channel sites you will hear. You just may not know which site is which and who is talking, but you will hear some as long as you can search those bands . Thats all i can suggest on that.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I don't want to side track this post, but how do I know I have found a data channel. I get some frequencies that have short fax machine sounds, one after another. Are these data channels? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com​
daboncanplay!​

As mentioned already, it is nice to have a member in Dixie to watch things for us. There are going to be some changes in that area, but how soon is not known so constant vigilance will be required. Enos has taken good care of the Price area and can give you some tips in searching the air waves.

To answer your question about identifying a data stream, go to this Web site, scroll down to Section 4 - Trunked Radio Systems, and click on "Current Motorola Control Channel (SmartZone)." It takes a minute to load, but you will hear a sample of a SmartZone data stream. You may have to download QuickTime Player (free) to hear it and make sure your speakers are on.

Again, welcome. Pull up a chair and get comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.