Box Elder County Moving To UCAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesu_dave

Greetings All,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Box Elder County moving from VHF to the UCAN system. I was monitoring 155.595 early this morning and heard a lot of talk between the officers about bringing in their radios to be reprogrammed. The conversations were similar to the conversations I heard between the Cache County officers several months ago when Cache made the move to the UCAN system. I know that Box Elder has been simulcasting the traffic from 155.595 on UCAN talk group 15680 for some time now, but does anyone know if the talk of bringing in radios to be reprogrammed means that the Box Elder VHF frequencies will soon be a thing of the past? Any info would be greatly appreciated. 73, David.

chomps

T^he entire state will be rebanded to the UCAN system, however some are keeping their base channels like Murray PD. I think there are a few more. Just have to do a little more research on the subject

halespa

I heard the traffic also. It was my observation that the only cars that was being reprogramed was the UHP units. I have sold the County Sheriffs Office several VHF radios and there was no talk about changing to UCAN at this time, but that can change, you never know. The county has three repeaters that simulcast the radio traffic on VHF and UCAN.

chomps

ucan programming

All of Utah is supposed to be converted to the UCAN system however I believe that many will still simulcast on their original frequencies, Murray City does that right now along with some other agencies. Once I think the UCAn system if fully implemented then I believe that all agencies will switch to the UCAN and drop their original frequencies. Still getting bits and pieces here and there and willl pos if I hear anything more on htis.

Status
Not open for further replies.