2 new UCAN sites up North

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
#44 Beaver Mountain has been up for a few days and one of our CV guys has driven up Logan Canyon and ID'd. Cannot hear in CV. So far not seeming to carry anything besides UCAN engineers...likely will change soon and can "confirm". It is near the top of the ski lift at Beaver Ski slope.

#45 is on today at "Herd" or "Hurd" mountain - seems to cover upper Weber valley from Morgan Co. Not monitored yet but shows on Mt Ogden
as a neighbor.

More details to follow

For the Cache Valley Gang
W

bchris

New UCAN Beaver & Herd Mtn Sites

Wally,

It sounds like you are using UniTrunker to view the 'neighbors'. If so, could you also provide the LCN and/or Control Channel for these new sites? Is Beaver Mtn listed as a neighbor to any of the Logan sites?

I am able to find an FCC license for Beaver Mtn, WQJT863, but nothing for Herd Mtn. I did find a 'Herd Mountain' on a map, East of Huntsville. It would indeed be a neighbor to Mt Ogden. Weber County has a license for some conventional frequencies on what they call 'Heard Mt', but UCAN has none. I also think that Weber County mis-spelled it on their application, and besides Mt should be the abbreviation for Mount, not Mountain, ie Mount Ogden.

Will some more members with UniTrunker please check more sites to see if Herd Mtn is listed as a neighbor site? This would help us confirm the approximate location. Ideally I would like to check Weber Simulcast, Davis Simulcast, Francis Peak, Morgan Peak, Echo Peak, Logan Peak, and Medicine Butte. Of course we have already ID'd Mt Ogden as a neighbor, thanks to Wally. I realize that many of these sites are not near any members who use UniTrunker, but some of them are.

Thanks Everyone in advance for your help.

--bc

gadgetmikey

Chris

The control channel for herd is 852.4375 and the alt is 852.1625.

It looks like they used the license for powder mountain for this site.

So the other voice channels should be 851.1125 851.6875 853.5000

Beaver show its neighbors as Logan Peak and Medicine Butte.

I think they are going to bring China, Crawford and Pisgah up the next couple of weeks but Red Spur and Elizabeth sounds like not till spring.

bchris

Beaver Mtn CC Frequency

Chris

The control channel for herd is 852.4375 and the alt is 852.1625.

It looks like they used the license for powder mountain for this site.

So the other voice channels should be 851.1125 851.6875 853.5000

Beaver show its neighbors as Logan Peak and Medicine Butte.

I think they are going to bring China, Crawford and Pisgah up the next couple of weeks but Red Spur and Elizabeth sounds like not till spring.

Thanks GadgetMikey!

What is the CC and Alt for Beaver Mtn?

--bc

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
SITE 44 BEAVER
Control Channel 852.2375
Alternate Channel 852.0375
Other Voice Channels 851.3000 - 852.7750 - 853.4375

k7kop

Premium Subscriber
Herd

I was able to run unitrunker on Herd today for a short time. The control channel is 852.4375 and the alt is 852.1625. The only traffic on it was Weber County Sheriff. I was only able to get 1 voice channel 851.1125, but it was slow in the valley today. The peer sites it shows are Morgan and Mt. Ogden.

N7YUO

New Sites

I did a wildcard search on the FCC site for "Utah Communications Agency"
There were some listings by that name, and some with Utah Communications Agency Networking"

I still have some licenses to check, but I found some that may be new.
Forgive me if some or all of these have already been identified.
WQCX411 Utah Hill, WQJF834 Big Mtn, WQJF842 Toquerville Heights, WQJS871

N7YUO

New Sites

I did a wildcard search on the FCC site for "Utah Communications Agency"
There were some listings by that name, and some with Utah Communications Agency Networking"

I still have some licenses to check, but I found some that may be new.
Forgive me if some or all of these have already been identified.
WQJT595 Utah Hill, WQJT945 Big Mtn, WQJT594 Toquerville Heights, WQJS871 Horn Mtn, 3995043 Pending (New) Elizabeth Mt 59.3 Km NE Kamas trunked, 3995044 Pending (New) 7.6 KM NE OF Laketown trunked, 3996262 Pending (New) RED SPUR MTN TRUNKED

There are also some sites with ITAC or State repeaters that I have not seen listed before.
WQKV937 Utah Rpt 3 EAST PARK 24.4 KM SE OF MANILA
WQCZ719 8.3 KM SE OF GREEN RIVER

bchris

New Sites

Utah Hill, Big Mtn, & Toquerville Heights are in the St. George area of Southern Utah. I try to go down there about every 6 weeks or so. Every time I go, I check for any new trunking sites that are active. So far there has only been the one site on Webb hill, which we already have in the DB, and even that one still has little to no activity. I will be going down in a few days, but we already know the UCAN guys have been busy elsewhere.

There is also a License for Mt Baldy, NW of Fairview near the edge of Utah & Sanpete Counties. I can see the tower from the highway with my binoculars, but there is no signal yet.

I normally do license searches using the FRN (FCC ID #) instead of the name, due to the variety of spellings, but I have only seen the licenses that actually have a call sign. Is there a different search to find the others, or do I need to search using the name(s)?

--bc

qlajlu

Silent Key
Utah Hill, Big Mtn, & Toquerville Heights are in the St. George area of Southern Utah. I try to go down there about every 6 weeks or so. Every time I go, I check for any new trunking sites that are active. So far there has only been the one site on Webb hill, which we already have in the DB, and even that one still has little to no activity. I will be going down in a few days, but we already know the UCAN guys have been busy elsewhere.

There is also a License for Mt Baldy, NW of Fairview near the edge of Utah & Sanpete Counties. I can see the tower from the highway with my binoculars, but there is no signal yet.

I normally do license searches using the FRN (FCC ID #) instead of the name, due to the variety of spellings, but I have only seen the licenses that actually have a call sign. Is there a different search to find the others, or do I need to search using the name(s)?

--bc

Interesting that you should mention Toquerville and the St. George area, bchris, because not an hour ago I caught two UCAN Engineers working on Utah Hill and La Verkin. They were discussing problems with each location by name as they were working on them. Something is happening in Dixie so you might find more on-the-air activity the next time you are in that area.

I love listening to the UCAN Engineers, because it doesn't seem to matter where they are, their radio traffic affiliates all the way back to the SL valley. Last week they were talking about pulling new cable and putting up antennas. I think that was up in the Cache area.

N7YUO

FCC Detailed Searches for UCAN

--bc

FCC General Menu Reports 3.1.06 February 11, 2008
Query
Quick Searches
Callsign
File Number
Parent Child
Detailed Searches
Licensee
Site / Frequency
(Select Licensee)

Licensee Name: Utah Communications Agency
Wildcard Search:
State: All States
Limit Results to: No Limitations (may include expired licenses and cancelled applications)
Sort results by: Callsign

Last edited:

Junior1970

Laketown

I heard the UCAN technicians talking today about Laketown. From what I could gather it sounds like the site is working because one tech was talking off the site he said. Anyone up nortn trucked that far east to check it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.