CAP Civil Air Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Heard a net this evening. Civil Air Partol Utah Wing Yellow Alert Net. It was on 148.1500, PL 118.8.
Anyone have any other confirmed freqs and/or transmitter locations?

kd7rto

I don't have much information on CAP and MARS, but here's what I've got:

143.4125 (input unknown) 74.4 203.5 Army MARS Francis Pk.
143.9875 148.65in (141.3) 74.4 Army MARS
148.0125 Army MARS packet
148.15 143.9in 103.5 CAP Kesler Pk (north of Farnsworth)

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you have validated information on CAP in Utah, please consider adding it to the database (bring up the state and use the 'submit info' link under the Scanner Master logo). If it's working knowledge that needs validation, it belongs in the wiki. Below is the link for the wiki article (in blue)

Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki

If you have trouble knowing how to update this, contact me directly 73 Mike

Last edited:

ecps92

Thanks, Mike.

I was gonna point out the WIKI. I had been in-contact with the OP via PM and we were going to give it a few days, to see if we could ID the location before moving it to the WIKI.

But a great reminder, to also [once confirmed/validated] to pass it along to get these into the RRDB.

If you have validated information on CAP in Utah, please consider adding it to the database (bring up the state and use the 'submit info' link under the Scanner Master logo). If it's working knowledge that needs validation, it belongs in the wiki. Below is the link for the wiki article (in blue)

If you have trouble knowing how to update this, contact me directly 73 Mike

ecps92

Just an FYI any of the CAP listings that includes 143.900 or 143.7500 as the input as old [Wideband]. CAP moved to Narrowband this year and obtained NEW input frequencies, but kept the same two Rptr Pairs.

148.1250 is the Primary now, it was the Secondary
148.1500 is the Secondary now, it was the Primary.

The WIKI and RRDB have been growing with the NEW information, from confirmed monitorings. However there is stale information out there on the web with the old Wideband listings.

For your MARY inputs, you might want to look into the 138 and 150 band, they also had to move around. Here in New England, the MARS nets are linked and many folks have found the Link freq, thinking it's the Repeater output. :)

I don't have much information on CAP and MARS, but here's what I've got:

143.4125 (input unknown) 74.4 203.5 Army MARS Francis Pk.
143.9875 148.65in (141.3) 74.4 Army MARS
148.0125 Army MARS packet
148.15 143.9in 103.5 CAP Kesler Pk (north of Farnsworth)

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys...

One of our very own here on the forum is VERY involved with CAP. I will see if I can wake the sleeping dog up and get him to dump some info to us....

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

ecps92

Should be a good opportunity to ID some of the missing UT Wing Rptrs

Utah Shakeout Disaster Relief Exercise April 17-19 2012.
UTWG CAP will be participating with many other state and federal agencies in the Utah Shakeout 2012 earthquake exercise on April 17-19, 2012.
http://cap.utah.gov/docs/Utah_Shakeout_Disaster_Relief_Exercise_April_17.pdf
Utah Wing Civil Air Patrol Home

Utah ShakeOut - Get Ready!

RR Wiki: Civil Air Patrol - Nationwide Database. - Review the Info for 2012.

w7sar

Premium Subscriber
The role of CAP has "morphed" over the recent years from doing a lot of search and rescue to adding aerial imaging and communications to it's primary operations mission. Utah CAP is ALWAYS looking for top-notch communicators to get involved. Any of you are welcome to check us out and come join. There are a lot of opportunities in the communications area (especially in southern Utah) to serve.

Jerry Wellman, W7SAR
(and Utah CAP commander)

ecps92

Sadly too much FOUO, which makes it more fun to chase down the info and share it with our fellow scannists :D

The role of CAP has "morphed" over the recent years from doing a lot of search and rescue to adding aerial imaging and communications to it's primary operations mission. Utah CAP is ALWAYS looking for top-notch communicators to get involved. Any of you are welcome to check us out and come join. There are a lot of opportunities in the communications area (especially in southern Utah) to serve.

Jerry Wellman, W7SAR
(and Utah CAP commander)

w7sar

Premium Subscriber
FOUO is interesting. One could certainly argue that in most cases the information isn't really earth shattering, etc. But, ponder. Many organizations (CAP included) ask their members to not share some data. It's simply a matter of integrity. As with CAP, some of our customers have asked that CAP demonstrate integrity as part of the mission response. If members will share "little" things, it demonstrates a lack of simple integrity -- or trust. I have some wonderful access that I've earned over years with two police departments. I "could" share a lot of stuff that probably wouldn't damage cases or divulge ongoing investigations. But...I don't, and the departments notice. They've commented and because I keep my mouth shut, the access improves and the trust increases.

Over the years I, like you, have been frustrated that I cannot find scanner freqs, etc. Yet, that's part of the fun to search out and discover. It's been very tough for me not to want to jump in and provide info or correct data, etc. - But I've put my name on the line and told agencies I wouldn't. I would rather have trust than even be an anonymous source. I really can look in the mirror and know that I've been true to what I said I'd do.

I'm very pleased as a CAP official that our customers (most recently the Army) have complimented us on our ability to do our assigned mission and not share details. It's created additional opportunities to serve with other agencies. It's fun to listen...but it "funner" to participate in the mission and actually do something worthwhile. Several years ago several of our members "could" have talked, but they didn't and now several years later, we're still flying the mission, because they demonstrated integrity.

So....Enjoy the hobby. I love to listen too. I just cannot share where I've said I wouldn't.
Jerry W. (W7SAR)

kd7rto

Jerry, your position is entirely reasonable. To reveal inside information is unethical, period. This is just as applicable in the private sector, what I know of my employer, former employers, and their customers, I keep to myself.

You're doing good things for the community, and there are enough people exploring the local RF spectrum and publicly available records that the information needed to program our receivers is actively being discovered and published, so nobody needs to violate any confidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.