TG 49696 on Site 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbogs

I've been picking up talk on this TG. I've heard dispatch ask for Washington County Troopers and also for Arizona units as well. It actually reminds me of TG 30464 that we've ID as UHP Virgin. Is anyone else picking up this new TG?

tbogs

Today via Unitrunker, I see a patch between TG 49696 and 49664. I'm assuming that these two TGs are related and located near the Utah/Arizona border.

Under TG 49696 I have the following RIDs just to name a few:

Under TG 49664:

kf7yn

Trunker recorded more TGs in this block today: 49600, 49632, 49760 in addition to 49664 & 49696 which were posted in Nov. Looks like Washington Co is activating more TGs.

I also have another new TG, 57632. Anyone have info on this one?

Hooligan

49696 is UHP "Virgin" area (SW Utah). The Arizona 150-series units are Arizona DPS coming in on the 155.625MHz VHF patch (as do numerous UHP cars). AZ DPS uses UHP Cedar dispatch services in the Arizona Strip area, particularly the Virgin River Gorge stretch of I-15.

Junior1970

Anything fairly concrete on the TGs for Washington SO (155.430), St George PD Main (155.670) or Washington City/Hurricane PD Main (155.610)?

Are the UHP units using a dedicated car to car channel such as the counties along the Wasatch do?

Any DOT? I know plows work Black Ridge up to New Harmony. Was wondering if anything was heard.

I know Jon has gotten radio ID's from some of the WNCO TG's covered in this thread. I've also heard the techs about a week ago talking about the new tower at Santa Clara and installing new equipment at Webb. probably all part of the Simocast site that will cover the area. Whether it will incorporate the sites at Toquerville and Utah Hill is unknown. There is another site on the FCC board for Big Mountain which it appears to cover the Snow Canyon/Dammeron Valley corridor.

More questions than answers. Time will tell presumably.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Copied this one really briefly the other day from Site 11. The only traffic I copied was:

Unit: P285 10-42
Dispatcher: Copy

Some of the postings above suggest this is a UHP TG but it is still not added to the database as of yet. Do we know for sure who this belongs to?

seanturpin01

Im 90% positive this is UHP. It took the place of TGID 30464. I listen to my scanner all the time and havent heard anything else on here but UHP and AZ HP. P285 is arizona unit.

Hooligan

30464 was UHP Virgin, has it been replaced by 49696?

No, they're both in-use. I haven't figured out exactly what the difference between the two is, but the traffic I hear on either isn't always simulcast.

Likewise, some but not all traffic on the UHP Virgin repeaters -- Utah Hill, Rudds, etc is simulcast.

49696 is busier than 30464. One of these days I'll just sit down with two radios, one set to each those talk groups, & try to figure out the difference.

Hooligan

Anything fairly concrete on the TGs for Washington SO (155.430), St George PD Main (155.670) or Washington City/Hurricane PD Main (155.610)?

Are the UHP units using a dedicated car to car channel such as the counties along the Wasatch do?

Any DOT? I know plows work Black Ridge up to New Harmony. Was wondering if anything was heard.

I know Jon has gotten radio ID's from some of the WNCO TG's covered in this thread. I've also heard the techs about a week ago talking about the new tower at Santa Clara and installing new equipment at Webb. probably all part of the Simocast site that will cover the area. Whether it will incorporate the sites at Toquerville and Utah Hill is unknown. There is another site on the FCC board for Big Mountain which it appears to cover the Snow Canyon/Dammeron Valley corridor.

More questions than answers. Time will tell presumably.

UHP units do have a "car to car" TG down here. It's the same TGID that one of you guys says is for UHP Motor Carrier officers or something like that, but based on what I hear on it, I'm calling it a regular UHP car/car channel.

Absolutely zero UDOT activity on UCAN down here. It's too bad, & doesn't make sense. I hear Washington County area Utah DOT on 156.060/210.7Hz simplex with car/car comms. Never hear a base station, and I have been home scanning & searching VHF/UHF during some of the major weather events UDOT has been very busy with. I don't know how any UDOT dispatchers contact Washington County UDOT vehicles to advise them about particular problems or whatever, but it is NOT via voice radio! I assume it's MDC. I'm anxious to talk to a UDOT plow driver.

Hooligan

Im 90% positive this is UHP. It took the place of TGID 30464. I listen to my scanner all the time and havent heard anything else on here but UHP and AZ HP. P285 is arizona unit.

I've never heard anything like a "P285" callsign on Washington County UCAN sites or the UHP VHF system. AZ DPS Highway Patrol units using the 155.625MHz local UHP repeater ID as "Arizona 15#," 1 being DPS District 1, 5 being Sector 5 in District 1, & then the last # being the individual identifier. I'll have to pay better attention to see if they use the Utah 10-codes like 10-41/42 when talking with Utah dispatchers.

Mohave SO units up around the Arizona Strip do use "Paul ##" callsigns.

seanturpin01

Yeah I think it is Mohave SO units. Ive heared 5P*** and P285 on 155.625 and on 49696. And I cant remember if they are using utah 10 codes. If I remember correctly they use arizona codes like "code ** at mile marker **" Instead of the usual utah "10-60 *** *** at mile marker **"

Hooligan

Yeah I think it is Mohave SO units. Ive heared 5P*** and P285 on 155.625 and on 49696. And I cant remember if they are using utah 10 codes. If I remember correctly they use arizona codes like "code ** at mile marker **" Instead of the usual utah "10-60 *** *** at mile marker **"

The AZ DPS Highway Patrol units we hear on 49696 are simply coming thru the 155.625 relay.

Utahtrack

St. George UCAN TG's

Sorry for reviving an old, semi-related thread. I am hesitant to create a new one. I'm noticing a few new TG's on the St. George Simo Site (Webb Hill).

TG 59072 - LE activity. Possibly a surveillance operation. This is a digital TG.
TG 59008 - Digital and encrypted. Unknown users
TG 49696 - Patched to UHP Dispatch in Cedar City. Also hearing AZ Hwy Patrol (via VHF patch). This TG has been discussed in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.