Retired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf7yn

I am home from the high seas permanently. I decided to retire effective Jan 1 and will be participating more here again. Looking forward to getting re-acquainted with those who have been here awhile and meeting new members.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
I hung up my spurs 1 Oct 2008. You will enjoy retirement if you can get your mind to slow down to the pace of life. I still have to tell myself to slowwww down. The scanner world has changed a lot in recent years. Large learning curve for us older folks. Have Fun!!!!!!

ww7y

Congrats Jon,

What are you going to do with yourself???

Aye, the places you've been to.....

Steve
-WW7Y

I am home from the high seas permanently. I decided to retire effective Jan 1 and will be participating more here again. Looking forward to getting re-acquainted with those who have been here awhile and meeting new members.

jhooten

Retirement. The state of going from a higher paying full time job to a lower paying job that requires you to work more hours than the career you just left.

Stay active and enjoy life.

kf7yn

Yeah the 'honey do' list never did get any shorter, I used to go to sea for some R&R.

I have plenty to keep me busy, I am a firm believer in Ben Franklin's quote "Be always ashamed to catch thyself idle".

Highpockets

Yeah the 'honey do' list never did get any shorter, I used to go to sea for some R&R.

I have plenty to keep me busy, I am a firm believer in Ben Franklin's quote "Be always ashamed to catch thyself idle".

Good for you Jon, enjoy yourself, that's what you worked all theses years for. What you don't do today, you can do tomorrow, that's my motto. :D

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Congrats Jon. Started Navy retirement 30 Sept 78, State teacher retirement 1 July 96 and SS 1 July 99 and :lol: at Ben's quote. Still have some 'honey do' stuff on list from 1978.

Status
Not open for further replies.