Saratoga Springs Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjsimon

Hey all. I'm very new to scanning, but I live in Saratoga and have been trying for a few days to pick up the local PD/FD transmissions. I got an RS Pro 107 radio and went and programmed all the local talkgroups for Saratoga. Unfortunately I'm not picking up anything. I live about 8 miles from city center, but also haven't been able to get anything while closer. I also programmed Lehi and American Fork and haven't been able to hear anything from those cities either. I do however pick up quite a bit of activity on the Utah county north Sheriff dispatch and fire talkgroups.
Is there a trick to picking up the locals?

Junior1970

The talkgroups in question are mostly car to car related. Unless someone on the North (46112) talkgroup says "switch to city/car to car/etc" these TGs are silent. They are used but not frequently. Most chit-chat is done on Messenger on their laptops or on a cell but occasionly you will hear some traffic.

American Fork should be full of activity as Steel Days is later this week.

As stated North is the Dispatch channel for the following:

Am Fork (5J)
Lehi (8J)
Lone Peak (Alpine/Highland) (18J)
Saratoga Springs (26J)

Am Fork also provides PD for Cedar Hills (24J). Saratoga Springs provides PD for Bluffdale in Salt Lake County. Officers are identified as "India" units unless a multiple agency incident (landing a bird, on a UPD channel, etc.) In this case they use the state identifier 18I or 18 India.

jasonjsimon

The talkgroups in question are mostly car to car related. Unless someone on the North (46112) talkgroup says "switch to city/car to car/etc" these TGs are silent. They are used but not frequently. Most chit-chat is done on Messenger on their laptops or on a cell but occasionly you will hear some traffic.

American Fork should be full of activity as Steel Days is later this week.

As stated North is the Dispatch channel for the following:

Am Fork (5J)
Lehi (8J)
Lone Peak (Alpine/Highland) (18J)
Saratoga Springs (26J)

Am Fork also provides PD for Cedar Hills (24J). Saratoga Springs provides PD for Bluffdale in Salt Lake County. Officers are identified as "India" units unless a multiple agency incident (landing a bird, on a UPD channel, etc.) In this case they use the state identifier 18I or 18 India.

This was very helpful information. You are right, there isn't a lot of activity on the SS channels but I've seen some transmissions pop up from them over the past couple weeks. Also, thanks for the city codes - that helps a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.