Motorola Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshineandmonkeys

Premium Subscriber
Before some dullard asks or makes an assumption, NO, I am NOT asking for SOFTWARE.

Does anyone in the SLC area have the capacity to program older motorola handhelds? I have several I need programmed, but it appears that my cable has reached the end of its life. I have the program written already, I just need someone else with a cable and a computer.

The radios in question are MT1000's and Ht600's. They are being donated to a local non profit after use.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
If all you need is a cable, would it just be easy enough to buy an aftermarket RIB cable from Kawamall? It'll probably cost more to ship the radios to a location to be programmed.

Does your RIB still work?

Sunshineandmonkeys

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it'd probably be way cheaper and easier for you just to rebuy the cable.

Begin sarcasm:
Or maybe I wanted to save the time and money it took and see if there was anyone on the board who'd help me out sooner/for cheaper.........?

End sarcasm.

(Snark and sarcasm aside, thanks for looking at this otherwise dead forum :) )

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Are you programming for ham or commercial?

Ham, you'll catch a break. Commercial, you'll get charged a real price. This is why I just got the tools to do it myself.

The only reason no one else has spoken was because there was no reason to beat a dead horse. Do it yourself and save a lot of money. You're going to spend it anyways.

SCPD

QRT
Not even close

I'll take an educated guess that someone in Ohio or Pennsylvania is not too close to Salt Lake City, and not available to help the OP program his radios. In other words, why even reply? Just sayin'.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
...and a guy from Michigan has the authority to blast us for jumping in? I laugh...

I'm still laughing.

Ok, now, has anyone from Utah helped him yet? Yeah, didn't think so. Seriously though, if all you're missing out of the equation is a new cable, just buy it. Worst case, you can get out of your hobby a lot more easily when you have ALL the pieces to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.