5542.0 kHz unid Spanish comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Last night I monitored an HF net with lots of Spanish traffic on 5542.0 kHz USB. One guy kept reading off a bunch of phonetic letters, numbers and even some names mixed in. My Spanish isn't very good so I'm hoping someone can take a listen and perhaps shed some light on these comms.

Audio here: http://www.solarix.net/audio/hf/5542.0_unid_spanish_net.mp3

Thanks!

xe2jeg

To me it sounds like the Mexican Army. They are talking about a Commander in charge and also about a Cessna 208 type aircraft landing with the Capitan information as well as many other aircraft landing and departing. I can not get their location but my best bet is that they are on the Baja Peninsula.

They are also talking of a few aricraft landing from Guerrero Negro and departing to Guerrero Negro.

Guerrero Negro is a very popular whale watch spot in Baja California.

I will monitor this frec. but I am pretty sure that due to the situation in some places of Mexico. The Mexican Army is keeping track of all small aircraft.

There is even a small plane landing at Guerrero Negro with 4 POB from San Diego, CA.

I hope that this will help.

Eduardo
Chihuahua MX

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Quite a while ago, Mike Chace-Ortiz had an article in MT about the Mexican Army also using ALE along with voice. It might pay to write Mike and see if he has the last list of freqs. Granted that they might have changed in the interim, but it would, at least, be a place to start. A search of the UDXF logs on Yahoo would likely also come up with some possibilities

73 Mike

brandon

Database Admin
Hi Eduardo and Mike
Thanks for the replies. Mexican Army sounds like a great possibility, especially coming from Baja. I hear other users near Baja on HF around this time so it makes perfect sense.
Other freqs recently monitored: (unknown if related)
3797.0 USB - Spanish traffic in the clear. Then user switched to what sounds like Tadiran analogue voice scrambling.
4888.0 USB - Spanish comms w/ very strong signals. Users have US mil style roger beeps when they key up.
73s
Brandon

brandon

Database Admin
Same type of net active this morning on 6228. OM passing traffic and mentioned locations in Baja including Isla Natividad, Punta Blanca, Guerrero Negro, San Ignacio, Punta Abreojos, Santa Rosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.