17196 very odd activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
OK. I just caught something very bizarre on 17196 USB. I kid you not but it sounded like somebody pleasuring them self over the radio. It was pretty disturbing and definitely one of the most odd things I have run across on HF.

Audio: HDSDR_20110518_054223Z_17196kHz_AF.mp3
(NSFW warning! might want to use headphones)

Based on propagation the signal was coming from the Pacific/Asia region. I checked a remote SDR in Sydney and it was audible there too. Definitely one for the WTF category... LOL :lol:

R1VINCE

LOL

It sounds like he had to stop every few once-in-a-whiles to adjust something so he could continue

VERY funny

kinda makes me rethink of: "OPEN MIC-ALL UNITS CHECK FOR AN OPEN MIC"!

HAHAHAHAHHA

SCPD

QRT
Yup that worked. It sounds kind of phony, imho -- but hey you never know... :lol:

Definitely sounds like it's from East Asia. Don't think it's a marine vessel as it's not on an ITU channel.

Can marine HF radios transmit on any HF freq? I was wondering if those are fixed to the ITU channels only..?

KJ6NWU

Premium Subscriber
HF all-band trancievers

Yup that worked. It sounds kind of phony, imho -- but hey you never know... :lol:

Definitely sounds like it's from East Asia. Don't think it's a marine vessel as it's not on an ITU channel.

Can marine HF radios transmit on any HF freq? I was wondering if those are fixed to the ITU channels only..?

Most Marine radios are channelized to the standard frequencies. But that doesn't mean they're using one of those. There are HF trancievers available in Europe that can transmit on any frequency, unlike American Ham trancievers which only transmit on Ham bands.

pathalogical

Perhaps it is a new type of espionage Tx mode. The more excited the sender, the more urgent the message ! Could have easily put a mic next to a speaker while viewing online "videos" and has by now Googled 17196 usb to see who's writing about it.

SCPD

QRT
Perhaps it is a new type of espionage Tx mode. The more excited the sender, the more urgent the message ! Could have easily put a mic next to a speaker while viewing online "videos" and has by now Googled 17196 usb to see who's writing about it.

A good way to check your propagation I guess. :D

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sounds like a looped audio clip to me, repeats about every 8-10 seconds including the other station's comments. I used to know a CBer who did live "count downs" but that's CB for you. (;->)

"...and has by now Googled 17196 usb to see who's writing about it."
solarix.net · Logs 18-May-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.