11175 interference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

comsec1

Anyone else picking up that interference near 11175 Very strong in NJ

ridgescan

I have been checking 11175 since the start of this thread-no interference here in the west at all-only the usual clean hiss. In the last half hour now, I have heard Andrews, Offut, and three aircraft. Seems normal to me. Did anyone zero the source and what does it sound like?

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber

A couple of weeks ago we had what sounded like mechanical type noise on 11175 at our location in the Dallas, Texas area. It was across several freqs and sounded rather strong at times. Turned on the Noise Blankler / Filters an was able to then hear transmissions (EAM) better....

Not sure what it was, but man-made I would strongly guess as the pattern was stable.

Are you hearing man-made or random?

Thx

Bill

brandon

Database Admin
I heard the interference last night but it wasn't terribly strong here. It seems to be a lot stronger on the east coast. The other night Puerto Rico HFGCS station was doing a phone patch on 11232 (Canforce freq) instead of 11175 prob. due to the noise.

C

comsec1

same noise on 8992 now, 7:00 pm eastern. One might think that someone does want the GHFS to be used or maybe listened to? I tried to get a direction with my wellbrook loop but it seemed the same. It is hard to get a strength on a R390a

SCPD

QRT
Im getting the laser gun at about a S10 here in RI on 8992. Im starting to wounder if this is NOT malicious jamming could it be some type of new military encryption layer? Anybody getting clear comms over this stuff? I have not heard much traffic on the network at all the last couple of days.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The laser gun sound has shut down on 8992. I noticed that if you listen closely to the sound on 11175 it has an echo like dimension to it much like many of the base station audio transmissions have when they transmit.

Intellifax

Looking at it with a signal analyzer, the 11175 signal has modulation every 10 hz from 11172.5 to 11176.5, with a varying non-patterned signal strength across this frequency range, weaker on each end.

The signal near 8730 is very wide, from below 8717 to over 8739, with modulation every 50 hz, also weaker at each extreme. The signal strength does not vary like the one on 11175 does.

Both could be carrying data, or just be man-made noise. There are so many different types of digital data used now, but it is new here (at least to me).

SCPD

QRT
I know I asked this before..but has anybody caught any voice comms or EAM's over this strange data sound on 11175? I have not heard anything or much of anything the last couple of nights.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I know I asked this before..but has anybody caught any voice comms or EAM's over this strange data sound on 11175? I have not heard anything or much of anything the last couple of nights.
I've been hearing it also here in Missouri for the last week or two on 11175 only.

To answer your question, I have heard very few voice comms on 11175 since the odd sound started. Or maybe it is because the noise causes me to not monitor that freq as often?
I did sit on 11175 for some time on and off this afternoon and evening and heard very little voice traffic. Nothing near what I consider normal for voice traffic.

I have heard this same sound before though on other frequenices while tuning around. I'd guess I've heard it for at least 6 months if not longer on other frequencies.

I always thought it was some type of jamming from abroad.

SCPD

QRT
Certainly more monitoring is required here kruser thanks for the report. I have nothing to report myself with about five hours of monitoring so far tonight on 11175.That is very abnormal.

I will feel much better when Andrews calls out an EAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.