Trenton Military Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Rescue-323 calling Trenton Military to established pH patch...Rescue 323 has located 4 float planes at 4821.3 West 7717.6 North in the village of Cenatear. No distress found at this time.

Note-unsure of the correct spelling of the village mentioned.Anybody know where that might be located in Canada?

Freq. 9007 kHz USB
Time 01:15z

SCPD

QRT
Ok given the latitude and longitude it sounds like they might be working somewhere in the Ottawa region.

Last edited:

Intellifax

Its Senneterre, Quebec. About 220 miles NNW of Ottawa. If you look at the latest imagery from Google Earth, you can see 2 floatplanes sitting at the dock, at N48 23.555 W077 13.500.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Awesome...Thanks for the info! No idea why they dispatched a search and rescue aircraft out for 4 float planes that were not in distress? Rescue 323 reported that he was returning back to base.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Northern Saskatchewan

Not sure if the crash of a float plane in Northern Saskatchewan [3 dead] 2011 June 30 had anything to do with this. Certainly a long ways away from Quebec, but most Search and Rescue distress calls go through Trenton.

br4k3r

Premium Subscriber
Did you check the emergency location frequencies? they're vhf/uhf and usually emit 1khz tone when the locator goes off. Maybe their black box got wet.

Trenton btw is a NSRCC and they do dispatch for all eastern Canada.

Fast1eddie

Just wanted to throw this in-I monitored similar SAR activity the same day on 11.232, pilot mentioned observing several trucks and ELT. Stated a French name for a multi lane highway as their location, I had just finished a grounding project and was tuning around. I was unsure if this was exercise traffic or a real time incident.

Gotta get a recorder program for my pc or find a media recorder/player. Trying to get into this digital stuff, I am just a old analog 70's stoner in a digital world.

Status
Not open for further replies.