Help Identifying Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

one4gimp

Premium Subscriber
What was the Freq? it sounds like it may have been an amateur band digital mode like PSK or JT-65

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The freq shown on his receiver is not in the amateur bands (4317.5) but is in the maritime section, where modes like Sitor-B are common...it doesn't sound like it's tuned properly - those tones are off...Mike

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, the radio is a CODAN 9780 SSB Transceiver. I just received it today, and that was one of the frequencies programmed into it. I got it from an eBay seller in the Republic of Georgia. Actually, the signal just started back up again. It sounds sort of like a Weather Fax signal. The signal seems to be pretty strong, and I get bleed over from approximately 4314.0 to 4318.0.

ab5r

Receiving it here weakly at 0228 UTC in North Texas. Definitely sounds like a fax of some sort. Timing beeps are not 1 sec. apart as in WX Sat. Unknown to me, sorry.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
When it came back at around 0200, it transmitted a long " beep" similar to what I hear with WX Fax, then began transmitting again. I'm only 100 or so miles from the Gulf, so it would make sense that it is stronger here than in North Texas.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
It is wefax

Played file with multipsk set teo wefax mode and it started to decode.

Next time please record for a longer duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.