HFGCS Station "DIPLOMAT"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I was just listening to HFGCS on 4724 and heard a broadcast by a station calling themselves "DIPLOMAT". Does anyone know where this station is located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That is not a station per se - it's more likely a tactical callsign. I would look in the UDXF Yahoo group to see if it's a callsign that's been reported recently, as I don't see it on Ron Perron's otherwise excellent list, linked on the Military Monitoring blog...Mike

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
It was the callsign given following one of those alphanumeric code messages ("This is DIPLOMAT, out."), if that helps any.

Airboss

Silent Key
Hey Michael and all,

It is one of the daily changing tactical call words used by various units on the HF-GCS. Since it was used during an EAM transmission more than likely it was one of the HFGCS ground stations or one of the Airborne National Command Post (E-6 Tacamo). This style of ops has been in place since late last year on the USAF HFGCS network.

You can find out more about the message format you heard on the Milcom MP "What is an EAM" page at Milcom Monitoring Post: What are Emergency Action Messages (EAM)?

Good hunting,

Chief Larry

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Hey Michael and all,

It is one of the daily changing tactical call words used by various units on the HF-GCS. Since it was used during an EAM transmission more than likely it was one of the HFGCS ground stations or one of the Airborne National Command Post (E-6 Tacamo).

Good hunting,

Chief Larry

Yeah, it sounded like a ground station. It was definitely very powerful, as it maxed out the signal strength meter on my R-9000. It is interesting to note that I only heard that station on that frequency. During the half hour or so I was listening, I heard no other activity on any of the other frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.