a couple pics wonderd for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

im new two rf scanning havent seen a group that tight they like some kind ochatter data

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-12-03 20-20-05.jpg
    Screenshot from 2017-12-03 20-20-05.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 793

majoco

Stirrer
Is that signal on 7883 the only one you can receive? I see three other spurs there, one appears to be WWV but you have scanned from 2MHz to 9MHz and not received anything else?

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Shortwave station? The "bubble" peak markers make it look like separate signals but I'd say high power AM SW station.

Token

Zoom in a LOT more on whatever signal you mean. This image is too zoomed out to make out enough detail to even venture a guess. The one at 7883 kind of looks like an AM BC station, but not enough sidelobe texture, and further, on this scale it looks like it could be well over 100 kHz wide, far too wide to be a BC station.

Typically you want to see the signal in question taking up at least 10% of the displayed width, and preferably 20+%, when trying to ID an unknown.

T!

majoco

Stirrer
....and if it's got any sensible audio, try to decipher what (or language) it's saying.

I see at the top right it says "8.20pm" - if it's dark outside, you should be swamped with signals. An 84dB noise level is horrendous - where and what is your antenna?

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Is your audio turned on? AM mode reception selected with proper bandwidth? This will help.

hfflunki

I was using a home brew I made for scanner guess it doesn't work for my hack rf one so I put the whip back on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.