USCG HF log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught the US Coast Guard on 8993USB last night talking to a fishing vessel. First time I've heard that before. Its not exactly a distress frequency from what I know, not sure what was going on with that. Only caught the part end of the conversation and then nothing but silence. I know the USCG base here in Kodiak was transmitting, never heard where the boat was.

ridgescan

Caught the US Coast Guard on 8993USB last night talking to a fishing vessel. First time I've heard that before. Its not exactly a distress frequency from what I know, not sure what was going on with that. Only caught the part end of the conversation and then nothing but silence. I know the USCG base here in Kodiak was transmitting, never heard where the boat was.
Should be 8983kHz. That is Coast Guard freq as well as 5696. If you park on one of those you will hear stuff.

ah, my mistake, yes it was 8983. I was cruising in USB and didn't switch to AM. I'll keep an ear on both. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Alaska, these logs should go to our Utility Listening forum. I will move them tonight.

Thanks for the logs...Mike

juneau

Feed Provider
Hi Alaska

You will hear occasional use on 8983 as a secondary frequency to 5696. 5696 is busy all day from COMMSTA Kodiak. You can also copy Alaska CG traffic on the Cothen ALE network

Milcom Monitoring Post: COTHEN Net - Update 21 March 2018

as well as the Kodiak ALE net listed on the above page.

Locally you can hear some traffic on 345.000 Mhz coordinating aviation operations between aircraft.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.